Police: Slain Clayton mom Korean Bowden missing both ears
CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. -- The case of a slain Riverdale mother is detailed in police warrants as a gruesome four-day ordeal for the victim and her three daughters.
Channel 2’s GA Daily News reviewed suspect William Nazario’s arrest warrants, which said he tied up the children before stabbing 32-year-old Korean Bowden. Family members said they urged Bowden to end her tumultuous relationship with Nazario, 33, but it didn’t work. Police said they found Nazario’s confession letter in the bedroom where Bowden’s body was found.
According to the warrants, Bowden’s 12-year-old daughter told officers Nazario took her home from school on Friday, tied her up, duct-taped her mouth and locked her in a closet. The next day, he let her out and said, “You can take this like a woman, or I’ll kill you,” the warrants said. They said she was then beaten after an unsuccessful rape attempt.
Two days later, the family’s pastor, Jean Ward, was checking on the couple at the home on Lexington Court when he found the bruised 12-year-old. After he called 911, officers found a 4-year-old tied up in a bathtub. Police said her clothes were soaked in urine.
Officers said Bowden died from multiple stab wounds. Nazario later admitted to stabbing her seven or eight times after an argument and physical altercation on Friday, police said. They also said she was missing both ears.
Police said they found the murder weapon in a trash bag on the back porch, but Bowden’s 9-year-old daughter was missing. Officers found the girl with Nazario in Bartow County on Monday.
Nazario faces charges of murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and aggravated sodomy. The Division of Family and Children Services has taken the children.
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- American parents heartbroken as Congolese government refuses to hand over orphans they adopted a year ago
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- Uptown Columbus turns blue for Light Up Columbus Glow Run benefiting Autism
- The New York disaster that never happened: How one phone call from an architecture STUDENT saved the 915ft Citigroup skyscraper from crashing onto Manhattan during a hurricane
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- 37th Street shooting under investigation
- Father speeds his newborn baby to the hospital with one hand cradling the infant and the on the wheel after roadside delivery
- Discovery of long-lost World War II dog tags may solve the 70-year-old mystery of a soldier's death
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Parents of six-year-old missing for two years keep hope their daughter is still alive
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- Situation clears some units Wood House Lane
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- 'I will be back!': Jim Kelly says he's bouncing back from cancer in thank you message to fans
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Photographing our daily delights: 100-day happiness challenge has social media users posting shots of one thing per day that brings them joy
- Now your TV could be infected by computer viruses: Technology security expert warns cyber criminals could infect millions of devices
- Kevin Sharp dies at 43 due to surgery complications
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Chestnut sets new world record in hot dog eating contest
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|