Top 10 Best Burger Joints in the U.S.
The burger, America's quintessential comfort food, can now be enjoyed in an impossibly endless number of ways. There are round-the-clock burgers at 24-hour-roadside joints and ephemeral late-night burgers sold out in mere minutes; burgers grilled in hundred-year-old cast-iron broilers and burgers steamed in state-of-the-art ovens; burgers crafted from Kobe beef imported from Japan and burgers made with Black Angus beef from just down the road. It's clearly a great time to love the burger. Here, we've singled out the 25 best burgers around the country.
California: In-N-Out Burger
Signature Burger: Cheeseburger.
Even superstar chef Thomas Keller is a fan of the West Coast chain—and with good reason. The cooked-to-order burgers are made from Harris Ranch beef and served with hand-cut fries. For a messier, more indulgent experience, order your burger "Animal Style" for extra sauce and chopped grilled onions. in-n-out.com
New York City: Minetta Tavern
Signature Burger: Black Label Burger (topped with caramelized onions).
Atlanta, GA: Holeman & Finch
Signature Burger: Burger.
Star chef Linton Hopkins announces "burger time"—10 p.m.—with the ringing of two bull horns; that's when two dozen grass-fed beef burgers are up for grabs and consistently sold out within minutes. The burgers are also available on the Sunday brunch menu. holeman-finch.com
Arlington, VA: Ray's Hell Burger
Signature Burger: Basic Beef Burger (served in a brioche bun).
There's no sign, yet dedicated fans—a certain president included—come here for the freshly ground burgers with and complimentary toppings like grilled onions and mushrooms sautéed in sherry and Cognac.
Photo © Robyn Lee.
Boston, MA: Craigie on Main
Signature Burger: Beefburger.
Photo courtesy of Craigie on Main.
San Francisco: Zuni Café
Signature Burger: House-ground hamburger (served in a grilled rosemary focaccia).
Photo © Bill Holmes.
New Haven, CT: Louis' Lunch
Signature Burger: The Original Burger (prepared with a combination of chuck and sirloin beef).
Many restaurants claim to be the birthplace of the hamburger. Louis' Lunch, in New Haven, Connecticut, since 1900, is a leading contender. The meaty hand-shaped patties are grilled on antique cast-iron broilers over an open flame. louislunch.com
Photo © Michael Franzman.
Memphis, TN: Dyer's Burgers
Signature Burger: Dyer's Cheeseburger.
Chicago, IL: Custom House Tavern
Signature Burger: Custom House Burger (short rib, sirloin and ground pork patty topped with aged cheddar cheese and shaved onion, served in a sourdough brioche bun).
Photo © Tuan Bui
Miami, FL: Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Signature Burger: Black Angus Burger (served in a brioche bun).
Photo courtesy of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink.
- Photos: A Very Different Face of Female Beauty
- Macys Returns & Exchanges Policy
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam )
- The ten best Irish jokes on the internet
- Model Caroline Forsling sues Estee Lauder for $2M over 'manipulated' photo for anti-aging ad
- 'Thugs and druggies' – what job interviewers think of tattoos
- Nearly one third of American babies are too fat: study
- The perfect steak in your own kitchen
- True Religion Swimwear - Runway - Swim 2011 MBFW
- Parents group calls for boycott of 'Schweddy Balls' ice cream
- Inside the tiny 300sq ft apartments that are set to become legal in San Francisco
- Chicago neighbors' passive aggressive note war over loud sex
- 'Woman-proof car' might be the most offensive PR campaign yet
- Hot or Not: Willow Smith's Union Jack Pants
- Michelle Obama Dangling Diamond Earrings
- Hot or Not: Chris Brown's Leopard Print Sneakers
- Hot or Not: Amber Rose Platform Sandals
- Beyonce Knowles Printed Tote
- Is Naomi Campbell's Venice Premiere Look A Hit Or A Miss?
- U.S. behind most of world in parental leave policy: study; Papua New Guinea, Swaziland & U.S. lag
- Getting Registered: Unusual Wedding Registry options
- Are Oysters Really an Aphrodisiac?
- More American men are using Southern California 'uptalk' or 'Valley Girl Speak' made famous in 'Clueless'
- Seven things you should never, ever bring up in conversation
- Who Wore Hervé Léger Better: Lil' Kim or Carmen Electra?
- Venus Williams Peep Toe Pumps
- Kim Kardashian Evening Strappy Sandals
- Jada Pinkett Smith in Stella McCartney
- Rihanna Printed Wristlet
- Who Wore Lanvin Better: Jennifer Lopez or Rihanna?
- Rihanna High Heel Pumps
- Kelis Canvas High Top Sneakers
- Hot or Not: Rihanna's D&G Jumpsuit
- Selita Ebanks Gold Chain
- Hot or Not: Rihanna in Proenza Schouler
- Tina Knowles to sell clothing line at Walmart
- Leona Lewis Cocktail Dress
- Beyonce Knowles Layered Chainlink Necklaces
- First there was the padded bra, now there are padded pants