Top 10 Best Burger Joints in the U.S.
The burger, America's quintessential comfort food, can now be enjoyed in an impossibly endless number of ways. There are round-the-clock burgers at 24-hour-roadside joints and ephemeral late-night burgers sold out in mere minutes; burgers grilled in hundred-year-old cast-iron broilers and burgers steamed in state-of-the-art ovens; burgers crafted from Kobe beef imported from Japan and burgers made with Black Angus beef from just down the road. It's clearly a great time to love the burger. Here, we've singled out the 25 best burgers around the country.
California: In-N-Out Burger
Signature Burger: Cheeseburger.
Even superstar chef Thomas Keller is a fan of the West Coast chain—and with good reason. The cooked-to-order burgers are made from Harris Ranch beef and served with hand-cut fries. For a messier, more indulgent experience, order your burger "Animal Style" for extra sauce and chopped grilled onions. in-n-out.com
New York City: Minetta Tavern
Signature Burger: Black Label Burger (topped with caramelized onions).
Atlanta, GA: Holeman & Finch
Signature Burger: Burger.
Star chef Linton Hopkins announces "burger time"—10 p.m.—with the ringing of two bull horns; that's when two dozen grass-fed beef burgers are up for grabs and consistently sold out within minutes. The burgers are also available on the Sunday brunch menu. holeman-finch.com
Arlington, VA: Ray's Hell Burger
Signature Burger: Basic Beef Burger (served in a brioche bun).
There's no sign, yet dedicated fans—a certain president included—come here for the freshly ground burgers with and complimentary toppings like grilled onions and mushrooms sautéed in sherry and Cognac.
Photo © Robyn Lee.
Boston, MA: Craigie on Main
Signature Burger: Beefburger.
Photo courtesy of Craigie on Main.
San Francisco: Zuni Café
Signature Burger: House-ground hamburger (served in a grilled rosemary focaccia).
Photo © Bill Holmes.
New Haven, CT: Louis' Lunch
Signature Burger: The Original Burger (prepared with a combination of chuck and sirloin beef).
Many restaurants claim to be the birthplace of the hamburger. Louis' Lunch, in New Haven, Connecticut, since 1900, is a leading contender. The meaty hand-shaped patties are grilled on antique cast-iron broilers over an open flame. louislunch.com
Photo © Michael Franzman.
Memphis, TN: Dyer's Burgers
Signature Burger: Dyer's Cheeseburger.
Chicago, IL: Custom House Tavern
Signature Burger: Custom House Burger (short rib, sirloin and ground pork patty topped with aged cheddar cheese and shaved onion, served in a sourdough brioche bun).
Photo © Tuan Bui
Miami, FL: Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Signature Burger: Black Angus Burger (served in a brioche bun).
Photo courtesy of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink.
- Plastic Container Symbols for Food Grade Plastics
- What the Stars Wore at Heidi's annual Halloween party
- Macys Returns & Exchanges Policy
- The ten best Irish jokes on the internet
- Mattalie: Couple's epically cool wedding flier goes viral
- 'Teen girls slam 164 doors each year'
- Naked ambition: Photographer lays herself bare in nude poses on the streets of NYC
- The best Halloween costumes for your adorable little devils
- Are those vibrating pants or are you just pleased to see me?
- Adriana Lima Sports a $2 Million Bra
- 5 Secrets to a Happy Marriage: Revealed by Divorce
- Technology tantrums: Dramatic rise in the number of 'iPaddys' when toddlers are sent to bed without their favourite gadgets
- Judge awards MGA $309 million in Bratz spat
- Dr Oz shows off more than intended in photo shoot for noodles
- Woman's shock as daughter she gave up for adoption after being raped as a teen tries to contact her FORTY years later
- Many happy returns: Your guide to returning gifts to Macy's, Apple, Best Buy and more
- He sure took his time: Scientist who spent 15 years inspecting women's breast claims they are 'better off without bras'
- Are Oysters Really an Aphrodisiac?
- Jenna Bush Hager joins Southern Living
- How your dog can read your mind: He'll steal food when he knows you won't look - and can tell you're going out from your make-up
- Hot or Not: Willow Smith's Union Jack Pants
- Selita Ebanks Gold Chain
- America's Top 5 Healthiest Fast Food Restaurants.
- Pamela Anderson Zip around clutch
- Snuggle: Being licked or cuddling up to infected animals increases the risk of deadly diseases
- The Pregnant Man splits from his wife - after finishing female to male gender surgery
- The professional CUDDLER who makes $260 a day by inviting strangers to take a nap with her at home
- Helpful hubbies who cook and clean get less sex
- Hot or Not: Rihanna in Proenza Schouler
- Six Ways to Zap that facial hair!
- On average, women spend 399 hours shopping a year, survey finds
- Michelle Obama unveils USDA's new MyPlate food guide replacement
- Not so fresh: Summer's Eve 'Hail to the V' ads blasted as racist
- Why you MUST 'unfriend' your former flames on Facebook?
- What does your sleeping position say about your personality?
- Two photography friends planning to skydive in their underwear to encourage women to face their fears
- Mercedes Ener-G-Force concept imagines the SUV of 2025
- Artist Rosea Lake sparks debate about the message your skirt length can send
- Children with controlling 'helicopter parents' are more likely to be depressed
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 370
- Woman's shock as daughter she gave up for adoption after being raped as a teen tries to contact her FORTY years later 5
- Michelle Obama unveils USDA's new MyPlate food guide replacement 3
- Hot or Not: Willow Smith's Union Jack Pants 1
- Plastic Container Symbols for Food Grade Plastics 1
- Parents' fury as Abercrombie & Fitch unveils padded bikinis for girls as young as eight 1
- Photos: A Very Different Face of Female Beauty 1
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Did the Pope perform excorcism on disabled man?
- This video of the Moore tornado was shot waaay too close for comfort
- Dutch TV host shocks viewers by drinking milk from woman's breasts on family show
- Russian soldier shot in the head by an AK-47 smiles for the camera as his comrade pulls it out using just PLIERS