Pizza delivery driver Elizabeth Hutcheson stabbed 50 times
Police in Georgia have arrested two teenagers in connection with the murder of a Domino's Pizza worker who was stabbed 50 times and bludgeoned as she delivered an order to them.
The stabbing took place on Thursday evening as the victim, 27-year-old mother-of-one Elizabeth Hutcheson, was delivering pizza to an address in the small city of Cedartown in Georgia.
Cadedra Cook, 18, who lived at the house, and a 15-year-old boy whose name police are not releasing, are in custody in Polk County Jail on murder charges.
Ms Hutcheson was found bleeding in the doorway of the house at around 9.15pm by police officers conducting a traffic stop nearby who rushed to the scene when they heard her screams.
She was pronounced dead at Polk Medical Center.
'We had been one step behind them most of the night,' Cedartown Police Department Assistant Police Chief Jamie Newsome told reporters. 'We were finally able to catch up to them.'
Newsome told the Cedartown Standard investigators were looking for a motive for the killing.
Each suspect is currently charged with one murder charge, but he added: 'There will probably be more charges.'
Crime scene: Elizabeth Hutcheson was found stabbed and bleeding in the porch of this house in Cedartown, Georgia where she had gone to deliver pizza
Ms Hutcheson lived in Cedartown with her fiance and her four-year-old daughter. Her fiance said she took the job at Domino's in order to support her daughter, Fox News reported.
Newsome said money was taken from Ms Hutcheson in the incident, but the amount was so little that he couldn’t see that as being the only motive. He also said it couldn’t yet be determined whether the killing was premeditated or not.
'It's been 15 to 18 years since we've had a something this violent,' he said.
Arrested: 18-year-old Cadedra Lynn Cook and a 15-year-old boy were tracked down by police yesterday, less than 24 hours after pizza delivery worker Elizabeth Hutcheson was found stabbed to death on the doorstep of Cook's house
Newsome said he could not confirm or deny that Ms Hutcheson knew Ms Cook or the youth, or whether the youth was the same boy involved in Ms Cook’s arrest in March.
Polk County Deputy Coroner Tony Brazier said Ms Hutcheson’s body had multiple stab wounds to the head, chest and torso, told another local paper, the Rome News Tribune.
He said it was 'one of the most senseless crimes' he had ever had to work on.
Ms Cook, who also lives in Cedartown, was charged with interference with child custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor in that incident, according to jail records. She was released on bond on 20 March.
Records indicate that Ms Cook hasn’t gone to court on those charges.
Newsome said Ms Cook had not appeared to be violent in previous police interactions.
'This would be out of the ordinary for her,” he told the Cedartown Standard.
Polk County District Attorney Bobby Brooks said he hasn’t yet decided whether to try the boy as an adult.
Ken McIntyre, a spokesman for Domino's Pizza, said that the corporation was informed of the stabbing last night and was likely to offer to pay Ms Hutcheson's funeral expenses.
'We were horrified. An innocent person losing her life is just beyond words,' Mr McIntyre said. 'Are prayers go with the family.'
When asked about the risk to employees delivering pizza, Mr McIntyre said Domino's gives training programmes to its employees and encourages drivers not to carry more than US$20 with them.
'We have been delivering pizzas for 52 years, and there's a lot we do, but what we can't do is eliminate evil,' he said.
- A pesky red fox is now a permanent resident of the White House lawn after settling in during government groundskeeper's furlough last fall
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- 2 shot during party at Wade-Walker Park
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Authorities investigate Riverdale apartment shooting
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Columbus police make shoplifting arrests at Peachtree Mall
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- Discovery of long-lost World War II dog tags may solve the 70-year-old mystery of a soldier's death
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- SC prison guard gave inmates key impressions
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Human skeleton found inside pickup truck in Texas lake solves Helen Holladay case
- Man fatally hit by vehicle on Atlanta interstate
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- Wreck shuts down traffic on I-85 SB
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Southwest High School Plans to Raise Graduation Rate
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Cobb police investigate crash in church lot
- Clayton Co. PD search for missing 3-year-old
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|