Pizza delivery driver Elizabeth Hutcheson stabbed 50 times
Police in Georgia have arrested two teenagers in connection with the murder of a Domino's Pizza worker who was stabbed 50 times and bludgeoned as she delivered an order to them.
The stabbing took place on Thursday evening as the victim, 27-year-old mother-of-one Elizabeth Hutcheson, was delivering pizza to an address in the small city of Cedartown in Georgia.
Cadedra Cook, 18, who lived at the house, and a 15-year-old boy whose name police are not releasing, are in custody in Polk County Jail on murder charges.
Ms Hutcheson was found bleeding in the doorway of the house at around 9.15pm by police officers conducting a traffic stop nearby who rushed to the scene when they heard her screams.
She was pronounced dead at Polk Medical Center.
'We had been one step behind them most of the night,' Cedartown Police Department Assistant Police Chief Jamie Newsome told reporters. 'We were finally able to catch up to them.'
Newsome told the Cedartown Standard investigators were looking for a motive for the killing.
Each suspect is currently charged with one murder charge, but he added: 'There will probably be more charges.'
Crime scene: Elizabeth Hutcheson was found stabbed and bleeding in the porch of this house in Cedartown, Georgia where she had gone to deliver pizza
Ms Hutcheson lived in Cedartown with her fiance and her four-year-old daughter. Her fiance said she took the job at Domino's in order to support her daughter, Fox News reported.
Newsome said money was taken from Ms Hutcheson in the incident, but the amount was so little that he couldn’t see that as being the only motive. He also said it couldn’t yet be determined whether the killing was premeditated or not.
'It's been 15 to 18 years since we've had a something this violent,' he said.
Arrested: 18-year-old Cadedra Lynn Cook and a 15-year-old boy were tracked down by police yesterday, less than 24 hours after pizza delivery worker Elizabeth Hutcheson was found stabbed to death on the doorstep of Cook's house
Newsome said he could not confirm or deny that Ms Hutcheson knew Ms Cook or the youth, or whether the youth was the same boy involved in Ms Cook’s arrest in March.
Polk County Deputy Coroner Tony Brazier said Ms Hutcheson’s body had multiple stab wounds to the head, chest and torso, told another local paper, the Rome News Tribune.
He said it was 'one of the most senseless crimes' he had ever had to work on.
Ms Cook, who also lives in Cedartown, was charged with interference with child custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor in that incident, according to jail records. She was released on bond on 20 March.
Records indicate that Ms Cook hasn’t gone to court on those charges.
Newsome said Ms Cook had not appeared to be violent in previous police interactions.
'This would be out of the ordinary for her,” he told the Cedartown Standard.
Polk County District Attorney Bobby Brooks said he hasn’t yet decided whether to try the boy as an adult.
Ken McIntyre, a spokesman for Domino's Pizza, said that the corporation was informed of the stabbing last night and was likely to offer to pay Ms Hutcheson's funeral expenses.
'We were horrified. An innocent person losing her life is just beyond words,' Mr McIntyre said. 'Are prayers go with the family.'
When asked about the risk to employees delivering pizza, Mr McIntyre said Domino's gives training programmes to its employees and encourages drivers not to carry more than US$20 with them.
'We have been delivering pizzas for 52 years, and there's a lot we do, but what we can't do is eliminate evil,' he said.
The leader of one of Atlanta’s most violent and prolific street gangs was sentenced to two life sentences plus 40 years for killing two men ... Full story
- Georgia man Marco Rogers charged for video of men having sex with child
- GBI: Jamie Hood Had 10 Hostages, Not 9
- Dunwoody police arrest Ronald Cox in child molestation case
- Ex-DeKalb principal Angela Jennings in indictment turns herself in
- Police say Cyndi Cuffie's report of missing 3-year-old was a hoax
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
- Police Identify Woman Found Dead in Jonesboro as Rochelle Alisha Thomas
- Ga. Woman Illyanna De La Keur Says She Was Glued to Toilet Seat
- Truck disappears into giant hole hidden underneath pile of snow
- Girl, 16, dies weighing just 40lb after being 'starved by her food-obsessed mother'
- Chandler Weems: 14-year-old boy on bicycle killed by police car in Georgia
- Mom’s boyfriend David Mann Jr charged in 7-year-old’s death
- Former Youth Pastor Nathan Donald Moore Charged With Child Molestation
- Police arrest Michael Phillip Pattillo in shooting of Griffin woman
- Classmate Stephen McDaniel Charged in Mercer U. Law Grad's Killing
- 10 Students Arrested After Food Fight at Lovejoy High School
- Former Chattahoochee Hills Officer James Melton Files sexual harassment suit against boss
- 4 teens at wrestling camp jailed in sex assault
- Cross-dressing man sentenced to life for murder after giving Atlanta woman Karima Gordon illegal butt implant
- CUT in the Act! Burglary Suspect Found Hanging From Razor Wire
- Georgia woman Jamie Bentley charged with starving newborn baby
- Manhunt for two men Donald Brown, 34, and David Crawford, 57 wanted in molestation
- Gwinnett teacher Karen Thieken continues to recover from dangerous infection
- Police: Teen Alexander Koser shot, killed by stepfather Eric Brandon in Milton
- Hope McKenzie: Grayson High School Student Dies in Head-On Crash
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Second autopsy of teen found dead upside down in wrestling mats reveals it may have been MURDER after all
- Atlanta woman Victoria Rickman accused of shooting her lover 10 times
- Savannah teenager Preston Phelps charged with murdering father
- DEA Atlanta: $23M In Drug Money Seized
- Emmanuel Hammond Executed For 1988 Killing Of Teacher Julie Love
- Megachurch pastor Wiley Jackson, brother indicted for alleged business scheme
- Suspect William Heaton in Athens hit-and-run granted $50K bond
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- 2 guilty of murder in brutal Cobb home invasion
- Court in Georgia orders Christopher Kelley to pay $55k to his ex- after breaking off engagement
- Naterica Burkes: Former state worker at head of alleged tax scheme
- DeKalb deputy Derrick Yancey who killed wife wants new trial
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|