Police: Drunk Gwinnett man Rodolfo Delacuesta driving wrong way with child in front seat
Gwinnett County police say a Sugar Hill man was drunk when he drove down the wrong side of the road with his child in the front seat
Police said witnesses called police after seeing the driver in action Saturday night along Level Creek Road.
"We had somebody call in because of his erratic driving," Cpl. Jake Smith with the Gwinnett County Police Department said.
Officers told Channel 2's Kerry Kavanaugh they caught up with him in the parking lot of a convenience store.
"It was actually in the parking lot of a convenience store/liquor store, that's where they actually encountered him," Smith said.
According to a police report, Rodolfo Delacuesta, 37, told police he went to the store to pick up some gum.
The officer noted he smelled alcohol on his breath, spotted open beer cans in the back seat along with an 8-year-old child in the front seat.
"Of course it's not good for them to be doing this in the first place, but when they're putting their child in harm's way as well, we don't like to see that at all," Smith said.
Police said Delacuesta told the officer he only had one beer.
He's charged with DUI, child endangerment and violating the open container law.
Kavanaugh went to Delacuesta's home Wednesday. His family said he was working and they had no comment.
A man charged in the killings of killing four people and injuring several others at a farmhouse in south Forsyth County has pleaded ... Full story
- Gwinnett deputy Duone Clark accused of having sex with inmate
- Pizza delivery driver Elizabeth Hutcheson stabbed 50 times
- Police seek leads in fatal shooting of teen Vanessa "Honey" Malone
- Scorned husband Phillip Dunn sentenced to life in wife's slaying
- Police: Clayton County teen V'ondra Olivaria accidentally shot to death
- Cousins Shauna Smith, Gregory Eric Williams Sentenced To Life For Debt Shooting
- Disgraced mayor Bill Campbell resurfaces in city
- Hearing Held For Officer Anwar Bradley Fired After Controversial Traffic Stop
- 4 people shot outside Jay’s Place Lounge and Sports Bar in Stone Mountain
- Police Arrest Kevin Stallworth, Antiwan Lane in Fatal Dunwoody Shooting
- Police: Missing Woman Holly Parker-Heard, Newborn Kidnapped By Midwife
- Court in Georgia orders Christopher Kelley to pay $55k to his ex- after breaking off engagement
- Columbus, Ga. man Zyderrious Platt convicted in wife's death
- Panic in Georgia: Fourth Flesh-Eating Bactaria Victim Paul Bales Has Leg Amputated
- Marietta man David York charged with murder in death of wife of 30 years
- DeKalb man James Lally in jail for allegedly selling sketchy Braves tickets
- Atlanta Woman Crystal Cross Alleges Beating From Ga. State Patrol
- Kennesaw pastor John Pinkston facing child molestation charges
- Homeless Woman Hit, Killed by Train in Norcross
- Head of Atlanta's '30 Deep' gang George "Keon" Redding convicted
- Ex-police officer Michael Bernard Wilson found guilty of molesting girl
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges
- Wendy's employee Amy Seiber drops pot in burger, police say
- Police: Man Nathan Lee Claus arrested at Ga mall went to meet girl
- Gwinnett SWAT arrests 2 rappers Jamy Long and Harrison Kim in a gang-related shooting
- 2 Charged After Mother Kaneisha Carr Killed In Front Of Child
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Georgia woman Stacey Schoeck pleads guilty in Valentine's Day slaying
- Police arrest suspect Andrae Dinkins in slaying outside billiards hall
- Police arrest 26-year-old Kerrianne Johnson for child molestation
- Brunswick Man, Wife Accused In Bank Robbery
- Megachurch pastor bishop eddie long denies sexual relationships but admits: 'I told them to call me Daddy'
- Ex-DeKalb principal Angela Jennings in indictment turns herself in
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
- Former DeKalb principal Agnes Flanagan arraigned in cheating scandal
- Off-Duty Atlanta Police Officer Michael Awe Found Dead
- Athens man James Maurice Hood convicted in slaying over painkillers
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|