Police: Drunk Gwinnett man Rodolfo Delacuesta driving wrong way with child in front seat
Gwinnett County police say a Sugar Hill man was drunk when he drove down the wrong side of the road with his child in the front seat
Police said witnesses called police after seeing the driver in action Saturday night along Level Creek Road.
"We had somebody call in because of his erratic driving," Cpl. Jake Smith with the Gwinnett County Police Department said.
Officers told Channel 2's Kerry Kavanaugh they caught up with him in the parking lot of a convenience store.
"It was actually in the parking lot of a convenience store/liquor store, that's where they actually encountered him," Smith said.
According to a police report, Rodolfo Delacuesta, 37, told police he went to the store to pick up some gum.
The officer noted he smelled alcohol on his breath, spotted open beer cans in the back seat along with an 8-year-old child in the front seat.
"Of course it's not good for them to be doing this in the first place, but when they're putting their child in harm's way as well, we don't like to see that at all," Smith said.
Police said Delacuesta told the officer he only had one beer.
He's charged with DUI, child endangerment and violating the open container law.
Kavanaugh went to Delacuesta's home Wednesday. His family said he was working and they had no comment.
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Support for a republic slips to lowest level due to popularity of royals
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Pollen count hits extremely high level
- Mailman discovers man and woman dead together in Brooklyn bathtub, an empty bottle of vodka at hand
- Man charged with leaving hoax device at Boston Marathon finish line
- Georgia fugitive captured after months at large
- “Hop to the Tanks” food drive
- Students bring prom to hospitalized classmate
- Google Glass to hit stores Tuesday
- Suspect flees in car of woman shot, killed in Smyrna
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Walker County elementary student struck and killed by bus
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Auburn woman arrested for allegedly striking victim with her car
- Rapper Drake surprises girl with cancer
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Georgia couple takes extreme approach to fostering animals
- Voter registration deadline is April 21
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- The Cambridges cuddle police puppies as the skies open up for last day of engagements in New Zealand
- Reminder: CRCT testing is April 15-25
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Services set for fallen Glennville soldier
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Duke and Duchess fly into Sydney political scandal as Barry O'Farrell prepares to greet them just four hours after resigning over 'gift' of $3,000 vintage red wine bottle
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|