Georgia man Marco Rogers charged for video of men having sex with child
A child pornography investigation that began in Massachusetts has led to federal charges in Mississippi against a Georgia man accused of having sex with a girl who was 3 or 4 years old, according to a complaint filed Monday.
The complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Miss., charges Marco Laquin Rogers, 26, of Atlanta, with sexual exploitation of a child. It wasn't immediately clear if Rogers had been taken into custody or if he had a lawyer.
The complaint says a child pornography investigation and the Sept. 6 arrest of another man, Jeremy Atral Hodges, 25, of Cambridge, Mass., led authorities to Rogers.
The criminal complaint in Rogers' case says that Hodges and Rogers both had sex with the child at a Jackson hotel on May 25, but the complaint charges only Rogers with a crime. A video of the assault shows the girl crying out in pain, according to an affidavit that accompanies the complaint.
Court records said both Hodges and Rogers are originally from Mississippi, but have been living in other states.
Nobody immediately responded to a message left at number listed for Rogers in Atlanta.
Hodges' lawyer told The Associated Press on Monday that he wanted to read the complaint before commenting.
Hodges faces a pornography possession charge in Massachusetts. Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeswoman for the Middlesex County district attorney's office in Massachusetts, said Hodges was arraigned Sept. 7 and released to home confinement on a $1,000 bond. He's required to wear a GPS tracking device and can't have contact with children or use a computer, she said.
An affidavit in the complaint against Rogers, written by a Homeland Security Investigations agent, said the investigation began after Hodges asked another man in Massachusetts if he liked young girls and showed him explicit images of children on his cellphone.
Hodges told the man that he knows someone who had "hooked him up with a couple of young girls," the affidavit said. The man kicked Hodges out of his house and called police, according to court records.
The complaint says Rogers was listed under the name "Black Perv" in Hodges' phone. Hodges allegedly told authorities that Rogers had access to a 3-year-old girl he uses for "sexual acts." The complaint also said Rogers travels with the child between Atlanta, Jackson and Memphis, Tenn., but didn't say why.
The complaint said authorities served Rogers with a court order on Sept. 28 compelling him to allow agents to photograph scars on his stomach and right leg to match them to scars on one of the men in the video.
The affidavit said Rogers works at a hospital in Atlanta, but didn't say which one or what kind of job he does.
COLLEGE PARK, Ga. - Police say they are dropping charges against a Delta Air Lines employee after her 6-year-old son was left alone in ... Full story
- Alpharetta woman Patricia Schmitt left toddlers alone to buy gift wrap
- Georgia man Cliff Kluge claims to have Coca-Cola recipe
- Sex abuse allegations against former pastor Bill Wininger prompts church school meeting
- Shooting Expert William Abbate Faces Molestation Charges
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
- New Charges For Armored Car Robbery Suspects Quentin Booker, Stacy Dooley and Ashley Henderson
- Police arrest suspect Andrae Dinkins in slaying outside billiards hall
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
- Duluth High School student Sam McNair, suspended for a year for teacher hug
- 3 charged in Gwinnett teen Paul Sampleton's killing over high-end shoes
- Aimee Michael Receives 36-Year Prison Sentence in Easter Crash
- Police arrest 26-year-old Kerrianne Johnson for child molestation
- Brothers Keith Adams, Alan Adams Jr Face Charges After Trying to Steal DVDs
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Ex-DeKalb principal Angela Jennings in indictment turns herself in
- Pregnant woman Katerin Metina killed in Duluth car accident
- Ebony Daniel, Charlie Martin arrested after baby allegedly ingests cocaine
- Atlanta Woman Crystal Cross Alleges Beating From Ga. State Patrol
- Megachurch pastor bishop eddie long denies sexual relationships but admits: 'I told them to call me Daddy'
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Paulding County gym teacher Robert Cartwright accused of molesting student
- Georgia woman Stacey Schoeck pleads guilty in Valentine's Day slaying
- Atlanta Man Eric Brown accused of molesting teen at church caught in NC
- Fulton assistant principal Paul Cook arrested for bringing gun to school
- Mallet family Accident: 3 from GA killed in NJ Turnpike crash
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges
- Police: Riverdale Man William Nazario bound children, killed their mother, kidnapped daughter
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Police seek leads in fatal shooting of teen Vanessa "Honey" Malone
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Kennesaw pastor John Pinkston facing child molestation charges
- Fayette assistant principal Darren Handley accused of stealing money
- Megachurch pastor Wiley Jackson, brother indicted for alleged business scheme
- Bond set for DFCS worker Ericka Thompson arrest for drug possession
- 66 kilos of coke, $3M cash found in Douglas, Cobb drug bust
- Cobb teen Jenri Gomez accused of using Facebook to lure 13-year-old
- Brandon Philpot arrested in recording studio slaying
- Georgia's Most Dangerous Cities
- Dunwoody police arrest Ronald Cox in child molestation case
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|