Brothers Christopher Cormier, William Cormier under arrest after body found in concrete
Two brothers have been arrested after Winder police said they found a body encased in concrete in the backyard of their father’s home.
Investigators from the Winder Police Department said they got a tip from the Pensacola Police Department in regards to a missing person from there, leading officers to a home on Sixth Avenue in Winder.
When police arrived they found a body buried in the ground, encased in concrete.
Two brothers were arrested and charged with concealing a death, Dennis Dorsey, Winder police chief, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The men, Christopher and William Cormier, could face additional charges pending the outcome of the investigation.
The body has been sent to the GBI Crime Lab for an autopsy and to be positively identified.
The body has been sent to the GBI Crime Lab for an autopsy and to be positively identified
“We don’t even have a cause of death yet,” Dorsey said by phone Monday night. “If the autopsy shows what we expect it will show, the charges could be upgraded.
The brothers, who previously lived in Pensacola, told neighbors they were moving to Georgia, and the missing man was coming along, Dorsey said.
“They showed up at the father’s address about three weeks ago,” Dorsey said.
But the brothers’ friend was not with them, Dorsey said. The two allegedly told their father their friend had moved somewhere else, he said.
The Cormiers allegedly told their father their friend’s dog had died and that they planned to bury it in the backyard of the home, located in the 200 block of Sixth Avenue in Winder, Dorsey said.
“They claimed they buried the dog,” Dorsey said.
Investigators arrived at the home Monday and conducted a search warrant on the property. In the backyard, officers spotted an area where something had been buried, Dorsey said.
Investigators do not believe the homeowner, identified as the Cormiers’ father, will face charges.
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- A pesky red fox is now a permanent resident of the White House lawn after settling in during government groundskeeper's furlough last fall
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- 2 shot during party at Wade-Walker Park
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- Authorities investigate Riverdale apartment shooting
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- American parents heartbroken as Congolese government refuses to hand over orphans they adopted a year ago
- Discovery of long-lost World War II dog tags may solve the 70-year-old mystery of a soldier's death
- The New York disaster that never happened: How one phone call from an architecture STUDENT saved the 915ft Citigroup skyscraper from crashing onto Manhattan during a hurricane
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- Situation clears some units Wood House Lane
- 'I will be back!': Jim Kelly says he's bouncing back from cancer in thank you message to fans
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- Kevin Sharp dies at 43 due to surgery complications
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Columbus police make shoplifting arrests at Peachtree Mall
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Human skeleton found inside pickup truck in Texas lake solves Helen Holladay case
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Uptown Columbus turns blue for Light Up Columbus Glow Run benefiting Autism
- Father speeds his newborn baby to the hospital with one hand cradling the infant and the on the wheel after roadside delivery
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|