Brothers Christopher Cormier, William Cormier under arrest after body found in concrete
Two brothers have been arrested after Winder police said they found a body encased in concrete in the backyard of their father’s home.
Investigators from the Winder Police Department said they got a tip from the Pensacola Police Department in regards to a missing person from there, leading officers to a home on Sixth Avenue in Winder.
When police arrived they found a body buried in the ground, encased in concrete.
Two brothers were arrested and charged with concealing a death, Dennis Dorsey, Winder police chief, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The men, Christopher and William Cormier, could face additional charges pending the outcome of the investigation.
The body has been sent to the GBI Crime Lab for an autopsy and to be positively identified.
The body has been sent to the GBI Crime Lab for an autopsy and to be positively identified
“We don’t even have a cause of death yet,” Dorsey said by phone Monday night. “If the autopsy shows what we expect it will show, the charges could be upgraded.
The brothers, who previously lived in Pensacola, told neighbors they were moving to Georgia, and the missing man was coming along, Dorsey said.
“They showed up at the father’s address about three weeks ago,” Dorsey said.
But the brothers’ friend was not with them, Dorsey said. The two allegedly told their father their friend had moved somewhere else, he said.
The Cormiers allegedly told their father their friend’s dog had died and that they planned to bury it in the backyard of the home, located in the 200 block of Sixth Avenue in Winder, Dorsey said.
“They claimed they buried the dog,” Dorsey said.
Investigators arrived at the home Monday and conducted a search warrant on the property. In the backyard, officers spotted an area where something had been buried, Dorsey said.
Investigators do not believe the homeowner, identified as the Cormiers’ father, will face charges.
Danita Wilson: Married teacher, 32, 'had sex with SEVEN of her students aged just 15 and 16 for more than a year'
A married teacher has been accused of having sex with seven of her students. Danita Wilson, from Georgia, was arrested on multiple counts of assault on ... Full story
- Michael Brandon Hill: Atlanta school shooter stopped by secretary Antoinette Tuff
- Milton Mother Shannon Lawrence Killed During Custody Exchange
- Covington Woman Ketitra Jones shot, killed while driving in Covington
- Villa Rica man Chase Mayfield back home after pool hall beating
- Police allege prostitution at Doraville massage parlor Golden Touch Spa
- Former Fulton prosecutor Rand Csehy arrested on drug charges
- Man Says Scuffle With Dominique Wilkins Was Over Money
- Atlanta lawyer Antonio Tolliver gets 25 years in prison for vehicular homicide
- KSU student Tyler Davis dies on campus
- Doctors claim pharmacy chain Walgreens refusing to fill pain meds
- Clayton County Man Dexter Webb Claims Former Officer Left Him In Hot Car
- Police: Gwinnett Woman Belinda Allen steals ID to fund side business
- Toddler Thrown Out Window During Carjacking
- 4th Person Surrenders In Shooting That Killed 13-Year-Old
- Teen Cheyenne Sauls Killed In Crash; 17-Year-Old Driver Charged With DUI
- Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton Freed from Jail
- Georgia triple murder suspect Brian Levern Gupton arrested in Virginia
- Police: Unlicensed teen behind the wheel in deadly wreck
- Missing DeKalb teen Derrick Linkhorn found dead
- Driver George Carroll arrested in Paulding Co. pastor's death
- Cross-dressing man sentenced to life for murder after giving Atlanta woman Karima Gordon illegal butt implant
- Clayton County man William Nazario get life stabbing woman, kidnapping child
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- 4 teens at wrestling camp jailed in sex assault
- DeKalb Chief Talks About Firefighters Accused of Drinking
- Wrong-way crash victim Paula Holden may lose leg
- Wrestling coach Robert "Leslie" Morrow charged with sexual assault
- 2 Brewton-Park College baseball players Johnathan Bell and Kevin Camp killed in accident
- Shooting Expert William Abbate Faces Molestation Charges
- Ga. man Nkosi Thandiwe sentenced in Midtown Atlanta shootings
- Woman killed after getting out of car to check on accident in Atlanta
- Fulton County elections director Samuel Westmoreland accused of drunken driving
- Police identify armed man in Motel 6 standoff as 31-year-old Justin Talton
- Head of Atlanta's '30 Deep' gang George "Keon" Redding convicted
- Police ID woman killed in I-85 wreck in Gwinnett as 26-year-old Shannon Joiner
- Off-Duty Ga. Sheriff's Deputy Anthony Seda Killed in Wreck
- Marietta Man Christopher Ponder Accused Of Exposing Himself In Walmart
- Teens Jekari Strozier, Antonio Pass, Johnathan Anthony, Kemonta Bonds charged in death of Mableton man
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|