Derrick Williams: Smyrna authorities say man suspected of killing wife arrested
Authorities in Smyrna say the man who was wanted in connection with the death of his wife on December 5 has been arrested.
They say 35-year-old Derrick Williams was arrested near Reno, Nevada. They gave no details about his arrest.
Williams was wanted for killing his 33-year-old wife, Finesse Dawson, and then trying to cover it up. According to autopsy results from the Cobb County Medical Examiner, Dawson's wife was strangled to death.
Dozens of family members and friends said their goodbyes to 33-year-old Finesse Dawson during a vigil at the home she shared with her husband on Tuesday night.
Williams is facing several charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, concealing the death of other and the possession of marijuana less than 1 oz.
The leader of one of Atlanta’s most violent and prolific street gangs was sentenced to two life sentences plus 40 years for killing two men ... Full story
- Georgia man Marco Rogers charged for video of men having sex with child
- Police say Cyndi Cuffie's report of missing 3-year-old was a hoax
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Ga. Woman Illyanna De La Keur Says She Was Glued to Toilet Seat
- Ex-DeKalb principal Angela Jennings in indictment turns herself in
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
- GBI: Jamie Hood Had 10 Hostages, Not 9
- Police: Teen Alexander Koser shot, killed by stepfather Eric Brandon in Milton
- Dunwoody police arrest Ronald Cox in child molestation case
- Former Youth Pastor Nathan Donald Moore Charged With Child Molestation
- Guilty Verdict in Joanna Hayes Murder Trial
- Police arrest 26-year-old Kerrianne Johnson for child molestation
- Shooting Expert William Abbate Faces Molestation Charges
- Police arrest Michael Phillip Pattillo in shooting of Griffin woman
- Ex-police officer Michael Bernard Wilson found guilty of molesting girl
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Girl, 16, dies weighing just 40lb after being 'starved by her food-obsessed mother'
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
- Georgia woman Jamie Bentley charged with starving newborn baby
- Off-Duty Atlanta Police Officer Michael Awe Found Dead
- Megachurch pastor Wiley Jackson, brother indicted for alleged business scheme
- Second autopsy of teen found dead upside down in wrestling mats reveals it may have been MURDER after all
- Athens man James Maurice Hood convicted in slaying over painkillers
- Fan Who Died in Stadium Fall Was 29-Year-Old Ronald Lee Homer Jr.
- Police arrest suspect Andrae Dinkins in slaying outside billiards hall
- Police: Clayton County teen V'ondra Olivaria accidentally shot to death
- Paulding County gym teacher Robert Cartwright accused of molesting student
- Mom’s boyfriend David Mann Jr charged in 7-year-old’s death
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Kennesaw pastor John Pinkston facing child molestation charges
- Court in Georgia orders Christopher Kelley to pay $55k to his ex- after breaking off engagement
- Georgia woman Stacey Schoeck pleads guilty in Valentine's Day slaying
- Ebony Daniel, Charlie Martin arrested after baby allegedly ingests cocaine
- Police Identify Woman Found Dead in Jonesboro as Rochelle Alisha Thomas
- Assistant principal Genghis Shakhan accused of 'excessive force'
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges
- Scorned husband Phillip Dunn sentenced to life in wife's slaying
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|