Family: Boyfriend Carlos Simpson arrested in woman's shooting death
DeKalb County police have arrested a 22-year-old Decatur man after they say he shot and killed his girlfriend in his family's driveway on Monday night.
The people who live on Eagle's Nest Circle call the shooting an accident, but DeKalb police say it was a case of murder.
Police say Shikhira Dunson, 20, was shot and killed in the driveway during an argument on Monday night. Carlos Simpson lived in the house with his family, and DeKalb police arrested Simpson early on Tuesday morning. The suspect's mother and father loved Shikhira like she was their own daughter.
"Shikhira. She was a sweet girl. She will tell everybody, ‘I love this child.' Even her mother knows. I don't know what the deal was and stuff like that, but it's something that -- it's hard, it's hard right now," said the suspect's mother, Sheila Simpson.
Dunson and Simpson had a 10-month-old son together. Family members say the boy is with his paternal grandmother.
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- American parents heartbroken as Congolese government refuses to hand over orphans they adopted a year ago
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- Uptown Columbus turns blue for Light Up Columbus Glow Run benefiting Autism
- The New York disaster that never happened: How one phone call from an architecture STUDENT saved the 915ft Citigroup skyscraper from crashing onto Manhattan during a hurricane
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- 37th Street shooting under investigation
- Father speeds his newborn baby to the hospital with one hand cradling the infant and the on the wheel after roadside delivery
- Discovery of long-lost World War II dog tags may solve the 70-year-old mystery of a soldier's death
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Parents of six-year-old missing for two years keep hope their daughter is still alive
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- Situation clears some units Wood House Lane
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- 'I will be back!': Jim Kelly says he's bouncing back from cancer in thank you message to fans
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Photographing our daily delights: 100-day happiness challenge has social media users posting shots of one thing per day that brings them joy
- Now your TV could be infected by computer viruses: Technology security expert warns cyber criminals could infect millions of devices
- Kevin Sharp dies at 43 due to surgery complications
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Chestnut sets new world record in hot dog eating contest
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|