Police: Stockbridge man John Wesley Morgan, Jr shoots, kills elderly father
Henry County police say a man shot and killed his 79-year-old father in Stockbridge on Wednesday.
Police say the victim, John Wesley Morgan, got into a fight with one of his sons at the family business, Morgan Auto Parts on Highway 138.
"Upon arrival, officers discovered that there had been a domestic altercation at the scene here between a father and son. At some time during that altercation, his son picked up a gun and fired it at the victim, striking him multiple times," Major Jason Bolton of the Henry County Police Department.
David Gentry has worked for the Morgan family for more than 20 years and was inside the shop when the shots rang out.
"I just heard shots, that's all," Gentry said. "They're good people. I don't know what snapped him or whatever."
Henry County police said that the son was on scene and cooperative with them when they responded. He was interviewed by detectives late Wednesday.
This isn't the first time police have been called to Morgan Auto Parts for a fatal shooting. Back in 2006, the suspect's brother allegedly shot and killed a man trespassing on the property.
Police said that the son, 49-year-old John Wesley Morgan, Jr., will be charged with murder in his father's death. He was booked in Henry County Jail late Wednesday.
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Sophisticated meth lab found in million dollar lakeside home
- 'Our father and brothers are culprits in this tragedy': Saudi princesses who say they are kept locked in palace without food or water make contact with the outside world
- Former cop shoots dead his wife in front of their two young children
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Experts carry out DNA tests on bones thought to belong to monarchs from 1,000 years ago including King Canute
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Incredible images capture the Ethiopian Suri tribe whose girls have lip plates implanted at puberty as a sign of beauty
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Some South Carolina schools see drop in annual assessment
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Man, 24, pays the $974 remainder of his student loans in 500 POUNDS of pennies
- The Queen photograph by David Bailey marks her 88th birthday
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- SC prison guard gave inmates key impressions
- Stone Mountain Woman Leann Corley Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Pills
- Popularity of IPA Day signals rise of American craft beers
- Flood warning for north Georgia
- Arion1 Velocipede capsule is a BICYCLE and could be the fastest in history
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- State Farm holding career fair August 6, 7
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|