Police: Stockbridge man John Wesley Morgan, Jr shoots, kills elderly father
Henry County police say a man shot and killed his 79-year-old father in Stockbridge on Wednesday.
Police say the victim, John Wesley Morgan, got into a fight with one of his sons at the family business, Morgan Auto Parts on Highway 138.
"Upon arrival, officers discovered that there had been a domestic altercation at the scene here between a father and son. At some time during that altercation, his son picked up a gun and fired it at the victim, striking him multiple times," Major Jason Bolton of the Henry County Police Department.
David Gentry has worked for the Morgan family for more than 20 years and was inside the shop when the shots rang out.
"I just heard shots, that's all," Gentry said. "They're good people. I don't know what snapped him or whatever."
Henry County police said that the son was on scene and cooperative with them when they responded. He was interviewed by detectives late Wednesday.
This isn't the first time police have been called to Morgan Auto Parts for a fatal shooting. Back in 2006, the suspect's brother allegedly shot and killed a man trespassing on the property.
Police said that the son, 49-year-old John Wesley Morgan, Jr., will be charged with murder in his father's death. He was booked in Henry County Jail late Wednesday.
A MAN who left his fiancé for another woman has been ordered to pay her $55,000 for "breach of promise". Christopher Kelley, from Georgia, was ... Full story
- Scorned husband Phillip Dunn sentenced to life in wife's slaying
- Head of Atlanta's '30 Deep' gang George "Keon" Redding convicted
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Kennesaw pastor John Pinkston facing child molestation charges
- Ebony Daniel, Charlie Martin arrested after baby allegedly ingests cocaine
- Police arrest 26-year-old Kerrianne Johnson for child molestation
- Wendy's employee Amy Seiber drops pot in burger, police say
- Police: Teen Troy Westberry confessed to fatal stabbing of 13-year-old
- Fan Who Died in Stadium Fall Was 29-Year-Old Ronald Lee Homer Jr.
- Marietta police seek armed robbery suspects Isiah Binns and Cleveland Brady
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Paulding County gym teacher Robert Cartwright accused of molesting student
- Fayette assistant principal Darren Handley accused of stealing money
- Sex abuse allegations against former pastor Bill Wininger prompts church school meeting
- Assistant principal Genghis Shakhan accused of 'excessive force'
- Police: Clayton County teen V'ondra Olivaria accidentally shot to death
- Atlanta Man Eric Brown accused of molesting teen at church caught in NC
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Off-Duty Atlanta Police Officer Michael Awe Found Dead
- Ex-School Secretary Lorrie Edwards Charged in Theft
- Ex-police officer Michael Bernard Wilson found guilty of molesting girl
- Fayetteville man Terry Davis charged in stabbing death of ex-girlfriend
- Georgia woman Stacey Schoeck pleads guilty in Valentine's Day slaying
- Former Youth Pastor Nathan Donald Moore Charged With Child Molestation
- Canadian father Brian Schumaker guilty in Atlanta child sex sting
- Bond Set for Fairburn Woman Maria Owens Accused in Baby's Death
- Dunwoody police arrest Ronald Cox in child molestation case
- Police arrest suspect Andrae Dinkins in slaying outside billiards hall
- Naked Ga. man Jermaine Lloyd arrested on drug charges
- AD Confirms Former Tech QB Calvin Booker Named In NCAA Report
- Fulton assistant principal Paul Cook arrested for bringing gun to school
- Athens man James Maurice Hood convicted in slaying over painkillers
- Police: Atlanta woman Camease Miller shot, killed during home invasion
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
- Morgan Lide: Cobb County high school student dies during study abroad
- Brandon Philpot arrested in recording studio slaying
- Hunt for Adolph 'Sonny' Neal, 47, who 'murdered wife and her grandfather in horrific crime of passion'
- Former DeKalb principal Agnes Flanagan arraigned in cheating scandal
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|