Former cheerleader Taylor Smith, 20, died of asthma attack 'after her friends did nothing to help, then dumped her lifeless body outside an empty trailer'
A 20-year-old Georgia woman has died from an apparent asthma attack, and according to sheriff’s deputies, her friends did nothing to help beyond dumping her body on the side of a road.
Taylor Smith was found dead in Jasper near a vacant mobile home just down the road from the county jail.
One man has since been jailed in connection to the case, and three others are facing possible charges.
According to investigators, Smith was spending time with some friends over the weekend when she suffered an asthma attack, the station WSB-TV reported.
Instead of seeking medical help for the 20-year-old, Pickens County sheriff’s officials say the people she was with attempted to revive her with a cold shower and the next morning dumped her lifeless body off Robin Lane.
Someone, however, had dialled 911, which allowed the Georgia Bureau of investigations to track down the suspects.
Marty Gaddis, 38, has been arrested and charged with concealing a death, abandonment of a body and tampering with evidence. He also faces drug and reckless conduct counts.
Lonely death: Police say after Smith's companions tried to revive her with a cold shower, they left her body outside this vacant trailer along Robin Lane in Jasper, Georgia
Suspect: Marty Gaddis, 38, has been arrested in the case on a slew of counts, among them concealing a death, abandonment of a body and tampering with evidence
'As a mother, I'm angry. I'm so angry that they treated her the way they did,' said Tanya Smith, Taylor's mother.
Mrs Smith, who serves as a lieutenant with the Holly Springs Police Department, told the station that her daughter, a former cheerleader at Creekside High School, had wanted to experience ‘everything’ before settling into a 'normal life.'
Taylor had suffered from asthma her entire life, and her grieving mother said that had her friends truly cared about her, they could have saved her by taking her to a hospital or calling 911.
'She didn't deserve just to be dumped on the side of the road, just because they didn't know what else to do,' Tanya Smith said.
Furious and heartbroken: Taylor's mother, police officer Tanya Smith, wants her daughter's so-called friends to pay for failing to seek medical attention for the 20-year-old
Devastated: Tanya Smith (left) never got the chance to say goodbye to her daughter, who she said did not deserve to be dumped outside
She added, ‘it a precious thing to get to say goodbye and I hate that that was taken from me.’
Now, Tanya Smith wants her late daughter's so-called friends to pay for their callous behavior.
Authorities expect to make additional arrests in connection to Smith's death. Online records indicate that Marty Gaddis has a criminal record, which includes a 1998 arrest on a charge of misdemeanour riot.
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- Kristine Kirk, 44, is shot dead 'in front of kids by husband Richard Kirk who was hallucinating after eating a marijuana cookie' - and she had already been on phone to 911 for 13 MINUTES
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- College Board gives a sneak peak at redesigned SAT
- SC prison guard gave inmates key impressions
- Some South Carolina schools see drop in annual assessment
- Chestnut sets new world record in hot dog eating contest
- Milton Mother Shannon Lawrence Killed During Custody Exchange
- Heavy rain leaves one Aiken County yard inundated by water
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- State Farm holding career fair August 6, 7
- Situation clears some units Wood House Lane
- Man awarded $6K for helping police solve deadly crime
- PHOTOS: Boy Scouts plea for return of stolen trailer
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- One dead, 1 injured in Union City shooting
- Police arrest suspect acting suspiciously near Kate and William
- Flood warning for north Georgia
- Stone Mountain Woman Leann Corley Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Pills
- Ga. police department adds hybrids to its fleet
- Ga. governor strikes cautious note on solar energy
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- Popularity of IPA Day signals rise of American craft beers
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Major League Soccer comes to Atlanta
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Alleged threat prompts more police at Auburn
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Douglas Co. High evacuated due to pepper spray
- Brother of slain man helps identify suspect Ladarius Hardy
- Funerals scheduled for 2 Atlanta firefighters
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|