Police Ask For Email and Phone Records In Dunwoody Murder
DUNWOODY, Ga. -- Investigators are scrutinizing the relationship between the man accused of murdering a Dunwoody businessman and the victim's widow, GA Daily News reporter Mike Petchenik uncovered.
According to a search warrant affidavit obtained by Petchenik, investigators with the DeKalb County district attorney's office have requested phone and e-mail records for both Hemy Neuman and Andrea Sneiderman, who once worked for Neuman at General Electric.
The search warrant states that the "investigation revealed that there was continuous communication between Andrea Schneiderman (sic) and the defendant before and after the homicide" and that investigators hope to find evidence through "data of cell site/tower information (historical) call detail records, and digital evidence of communication between the defendant and Andrea Schneiderman (sic) and any accomplices or witnesses, known or unknown to law enforcement...that would indicate planning, premeditation or collaboration to commit murder, and/or any indication of participation of the murder of the victim."
Investigators said Neuman shot and killed Sneiderman Nov. 18, moments after he dropped his 2-year-old son off at a Dunwoody nursery school, then fled the scene in a silver minivan. Earlier this month, a grand jury indicted Neuman, a father of three, in the killing.
According to the warrants, Neuman arrived early to work the day of the slaying, left his office right before it, then returned after the killing. It also stated that he rented a silver Kia Sedona the day before the killing and returned it the day of the crime.
Witnesses told police they saw a man wearing what appeared to be a fake beard leaving the scene. According to the search warrant "a synthetic hair was found inside the vehicle (Neuman's rented van), as in the type used for fake beards."
Neuman's attorney, Robert Rubin, declined to comment on the contents of the affidavit.
Atlanta Attorney Seth Kirschenbaum told Petchenik he's guiding Andrea Sneiderman through the legal process.
"We understand that this is part of the investigative process and we continue to cooperate with the DA’s office," he said.
Neuman is due back in court April 4 for an arraignment hearing.
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Bottle of wine a day 'is not bad for you': Leading scientist also claim those who exceed recommended does could live longer than teetotallers
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Dammion Heard's parents dispute findings that their star wrestler son, 20, killed himself as it's revealed the college student got into a fight the night he went missing
- Hobie Alter honored with traditional Hawaiian paddle-out
- Two teens and man who stopped to help them killed in Miami car crash
- Easter Egg Hunts all over the CSRA!
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- The Duchess wears an L.K. Bennett dress as she and Wills leave Sydney
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Is THIS the SR-72 spy plane? Mystery aircraft spotted flying over Kansas just weeks after being seen in Texas
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Tomlinson discusses Columbus' growth as Georgia's second largest city
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Kimchi Truong, 24, dies from overdose after collapsing at Coachella
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Prototype Pontiac Firebirds found in Connecticut garage
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Prince William enjoys a beer alongside Kate Middleton at rugby game
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- High school senior forms petition against Michele Obama
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- Chestnut sets new world record in hot dog eating contest
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Woman shot during robbery in Glennville
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Car thief is forced to pull over and release an infant and a pair of seven year old twin boys after they beat the driver with a toy snake until he let them go
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|