Woman Killed, 2 Hurt in Midtown Atlanta Triple Shooting
ATLANTA -- Three women were shot in midtown Atlanta around lunchtime Friday, Atlanta police said. They said one person was killed.
The shooting happened on the third level of a parking deck at the Proscenium building at 14th Street and Crescent Avenue.
Channel 2's Richard Elliot reported that police were trying to determine if the shooter was a disgruntled employee or former employee of a business inside the building, and the possibility that the gunman and the woman who was killed are co-workers or an employee and supervisor.
Police told Elliot the gunman may have been waiting for the woman in the garage before he shot her in the neck and killed her. Two women were randomly shot as the gunmen fled the garage, police said. One woman was shot in the ankle and the other was shot in the back.
Officers were still looking for the shooter, who may have fled in a black Toyota Prius, Elliot reported.
Channel 2's Tom Regan spoke to Meredith Smith, who was heading home from work at the Proscenium building when she heard gunshots.
"As the door was closing, I turned around and heard pop pop pop," Smith said.
She and several other women took cover before leaving.
"I came back outside and a lady was lying face down on the concrete. People were rushing towards her. People were screaming," Smith told Regan.
- Where are the parents? Toddler seen 'smoking marijuana' as 'adults are heard heard laughing' in SHOCKING video
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- Pedestrian in serious condition after Cobb Parkway accident
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Burned body of missing DeKalb County man recovered
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Alleged threat prompts more police at Auburn
- Douglas Co. High evacuated due to pepper spray
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Wig-wearing woman who hurled shoe at Hillary Clinton's head released from jail after she was given a misdemeanor disorderly conduct summons
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Backlash over Liz's bikinis for kids: Actress bombarded with criticism on Twitter over skimpy designs for the under-eights
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- Fire kills a man and sends a woman to the hospital
- That's one way to beat the bear claw! Missing toddler found INSIDE arcade machine after squeezing through gap to claim his toy
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Body at San Francisco General Hospital may be missing woman Lynne Spalding
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Microsoft honors the placid landscape that is the Windows XP default computer background as it says goodbye to XP support after 13 years
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|