Douglasville Pastor Kenneth Freeman upset after officer uses Taser on him
DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. -- A local pastor told GA Daily News he didn't deserve to be shocked by an officer when he came to his sons' aid.
The pastor and his sons were all arrested and charged with disorderly conduct during a traffic stop on Chapel Hill Road in Douglasville last month.
The Rev. Kenneth Freeman said that's when an officer shocked him twice for no reason. "I was totally embarrassed," he told Channel 2’s GA Daily News. "I'm starting having pain back there and on my arm as well. That situation there... it shouldn't have never happened."
It all began when police said Freeman arrived at a traffic stop where an officer gave his son, Jermiel Freeman, a citation for an improper tag.
Police Chief Chris Womack said one of Kenneth Freeman's sons was getting belligerent and another was threatening the officer.
"He's giving order for everybody to get back in their cars and nobody's listening," Womack said.
The chief said Kenneth Freeman arrived and also refused the officer's commands.
"And then he orders Mr. Freeman to get on the ground. At this point, which he does not do, he does not comply, and he Tases him," Womack said.
Kenneth Freeman said his sons weren't aggressive and neither was he. The pastor said the officer was out of control, aggressively handling his son.
"You get back like this right here. You get back like this. But why you gonna do him like that?" Kenneth Freeman asked.
Womack said the officer didn't know who Freeman was when he came to the scene. "The officer said he was in fear for his safety. He didn't know what he had," he said.
Kenneth Freeman said the officer still shouldn't have shocked him. "I'm angry and I'm real angry, because I did not deserve that type of treatment," he said.
Womack said the officer has been placed paid administrative leave and an internal investigation will get to the bottom of what happened.
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- School board addresses cursive writing concerns
- Duchess of Cambridge keeps her cool in white dress by Australian designer for visit to Sydney's Royal Easter Show with William
- Dammion Heard's parents dispute findings that their star wrestler son, 20, killed himself as it's revealed the college student got into a fight the night he went missing
- One dead in Lilburn motorcycle accident
- Witness: Goose on the loose with arrow through head
- Judge John McBain lashes out at convicted killer Camia Gamet after she snickers and asks 'is that it?' as victim's aunt recounts murder
- Family of Dawsonville child makes plea for kidney match
- Baby gorilla dies unexpectedly at Milwaukee zoo just one month after birth
- Police: Locker-room thief spent $4,000 on stolen credit cards
- Albino kangaroo gives birth to dark joey at German zoo
- 'Hostage scammers' steal hundreds from Atlanta residents
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Mayor Reed speaks out against Water Management raises
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Atlanta Watershed Dept. under review after "hefty raises"
- DeKalb crews working on water main break
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- More than $1M in fake soccer gear seized in Ga.
- Bodies of teen girl on Spring break and her 33-year-old aunt pulled from Lake Erie after they went missing with two men on fishing trip
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- College Board gives a sneak peak at redesigned SAT
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Twitter buzz doesnt make us watch tv shows
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Kristine Kirk, 44, is shot dead 'in front of kids by husband Richard Kirk who was hallucinating after eating a marijuana cookie' - and she had already been on phone to 911 for 13 MINUTES
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Columbus Animal Control loses family dog, later finds him dead in nearby creek
- Video shows dog barking at a video of itself barking at video of itself barking
- High school vice principal rescued from South Korean ferry found hanging from tree in front of victims' families after his students die
- Hawkinsville Man Birago Blackshear Accused of Killing Ex-Girlfriend Ashton Bartlett
- Ga. governor strikes cautious note on solar energy
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Two teens and man who stopped to help them killed in Miami car crash
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|