Former student, athlete Jerry Coleman found dead after wisdom teeth surgery
A former student and athlete of Central Gwinnett High School has died just days after undergoing surgery to have his wisdom teeth removed. 19-year-old Jerry Coleman died sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning.
His family found him in his bedroom.
Coleman passed away days after having his wisdom teeth removed.
"He was a gifted athlete with gifted talent, but far more than that he was a super human being," said his former basketball coach David Allen at Central Gwinnett High School.
"He approached life the same way he approached the game it was 100 percent," Allen said.
Coleman graduated from high school last year.
In his junior year, Coleman helped his team become the Region 8-AAAAA Boys Basketball Champions.
He was currently enrolled at Kennesaw State.
Allen told Channel 2’s Erica Byfield he hoped to walk onto the college’s basketball team next season.
Coleman's former teammates plan to honor him in some way this season.
The Gwinnett County Medical Examiner has not yet released an official cause of death.
- Kristine Kirk, 44, is shot dead 'in front of kids by husband Richard Kirk who was hallucinating after eating a marijuana cookie' - and she had already been on phone to 911 for 13 MINUTES
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Wig-wearing woman who hurled shoe at Hillary Clinton's head released from jail after she was given a misdemeanor disorderly conduct summons
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- That's one way to beat the bear claw! Missing toddler found INSIDE arcade machine after squeezing through gap to claim his toy
- Support for a republic slips to lowest level due to popularity of royals
- Students bring prom to hospitalized classmate
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Voter registration deadline is April 21
- Southwest High School Plans to Raise Graduation Rate
- Suspect flees in car of woman shot, killed in Smyrna
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Man charged with leaving hoax device at Boston Marathon finish line
- Google Glass to hit stores Tuesday
- Mailman discovers man and woman dead together in Brooklyn bathtub, an empty bottle of vodka at hand
- Georgia fugitive captured after months at large
- Auburn woman arrested for allegedly striking victim with her car
- “Hop to the Tanks” food drive
- Body at San Francisco General Hospital may be missing woman Lynne Spalding
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|