Teen Alex Dahm charged with drug possession
A hostage situation that brought Atlanta’s SWAT team and dozens of police officers to a Buckhead home Thursday morning turned out to be a big confusion that started when a woman under the influence of drugs texted her friend saying she was being held hostage by five men.
More than two dozen officers responded to the home on Darlington Road but were told by the woman that she was not being held hostage, police said.
"When SWAT arrived, the female came out of the house on her own free will, and it was determined it was not a hostage situation," Atlanta police Detective Kim Jones told Cook.
Police said Alex Dahm met the group the previous night and returned to the home with them. Under the influence of drugs, Dahm became convinced she was being held hostage and texted a friend, police said. They said the friend called 911.
One of the girls that she met earlier in the night, Charlienne Singleton, 21, was at the house when the SWAT team arrived.
'We were all chillin with her the whole night, like the whole night,' Ms Singleton said.
'I guess she was hallucinating, I don't really know what she was doing.
Questioned: Charlienne Singleton, 21, and Jordan Charles, 20, were both in the house with Dahm when police arrived so they were questioned but released
'We walk out the house and they put the handcuffs on us and we were like "Okay",' she continued.
Though none of the people in the house were arrested, there are still some hard feelings surrounding the event.
'If she's ever in our presence again I will personally slap her myself and just be like "There you go",' Ms Singleton told Atlanta's Channel 2 GA Daily News.
"We had no idea what was going on. Kept seeing police pull up. Saw police pull by the house, back up. We were just really confused what was going on," said Jordan Charles, a man who was inside the house.
Officers interviewed Dahm, as well as the group at the home. Cook spoke to people who were inside the home, who said Dahm was snorting cocaine all night. It appears she won't be charged for the false alarm.
Attorney Raymon Burns (left) addresses court for client Alexandra Dahm, a 19-year-old woman who claimed she was being held hostage in a home in Buckhead a day earlier.
"There was no crime committed because it came in as a third-party call," Jones told Cook.
But police said they found drugs on Dahm when she tried to get rid of them at the Atlanta police Zone 2 Precinct, where officers were interviewing her. Jones said she had been hiding a bag of cocaine in her underwear. She was charged with possession of cocaine and tampering with evidence.
The leader of one of Atlanta’s most violent and prolific street gangs was sentenced to two life sentences plus 40 years for killing two men ... Full story
- Danita Wilson: Married teacher, 32, 'had sex with SEVEN of her students aged just 15 and 16 for more than a year'
- Milton Mother Shannon Lawrence Killed During Custody Exchange
- Michael Brandon Hill: Atlanta school shooter stopped by secretary Antoinette Tuff
- Verdict in Student Athlete Kyle Moore Slaying
- Covington Woman Ketitra Jones shot, killed while driving in Covington
- Doctors claim pharmacy chain Walgreens refusing to fill pain meds
- Teen Naquelle Ballard charged in baby snatching faces evaluation
- Villa Rica man Chase Mayfield back home after pool hall beating
- Man Says Scuffle With Dominique Wilkins Was Over Money
- KSU student Tyler Davis dies on campus
- Police allege prostitution at Doraville massage parlor Golden Touch Spa
- Former Fulton prosecutor Rand Csehy arrested on drug charges
- Clayton County Man Dexter Webb Claims Former Officer Left Him In Hot Car
- Atlanta lawyer Antonio Tolliver gets 25 years in prison for vehicular homicide
- Toddler Thrown Out Window During Carjacking
- Teen Cheyenne Sauls Killed In Crash; 17-Year-Old Driver Charged With DUI
- Georgia's Most Dangerous Cities
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
- Police: Gwinnett Woman Belinda Allen steals ID to fund side business
- Augusta teen Kyle Austin Royal found shot to death in car in east Ga.
- Driver George Carroll arrested in Paulding Co. pastor's death
- Ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton Freed from Jail
- 4th Person Surrenders In Shooting That Killed 13-Year-Old
- Barbie Bandit Ashley Miller Arrested Again
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
- Police: Gwinnett Mother Ashly Brown drove under influence with child in car
- Missing DeKalb teen Derrick Linkhorn found dead
- Georgia triple murder suspect Brian Levern Gupton arrested in Virginia
- Cross-dressing man sentenced to life for murder after giving Atlanta woman Karima Gordon illegal butt implant
- Police: Unlicensed teen behind the wheel in deadly wreck
- Clayton County man William Nazario get life stabbing woman, kidnapping child
- Ex-DeKalb officer Quevius Thornton admits to sex with minors
- 4 teens at wrestling camp jailed in sex assault
- Neighborhood watchmen Robert Canoles, Branden Canoles charged in arrest mix-up
- Male-on-male sexual assault on soldiers increases as Greg Jeloudov reports gang rape
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Accused Officer Quevius Thornton In Underage Sex Charge
- 2 Brewton-Park College baseball players Johnathan Bell and Kevin Camp killed in accident
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|