Teen Alex Dahm charged with drug possession
A hostage situation that brought Atlanta’s SWAT team and dozens of police officers to a Buckhead home Thursday morning turned out to be a big confusion that started when a woman under the influence of drugs texted her friend saying she was being held hostage by five men.
More than two dozen officers responded to the home on Darlington Road but were told by the woman that she was not being held hostage, police said.
"When SWAT arrived, the female came out of the house on her own free will, and it was determined it was not a hostage situation," Atlanta police Detective Kim Jones told Cook.
Police said Alex Dahm met the group the previous night and returned to the home with them. Under the influence of drugs, Dahm became convinced she was being held hostage and texted a friend, police said. They said the friend called 911.
One of the girls that she met earlier in the night, Charlienne Singleton, 21, was at the house when the SWAT team arrived.
'We were all chillin with her the whole night, like the whole night,' Ms Singleton said.
'I guess she was hallucinating, I don't really know what she was doing.
Questioned: Charlienne Singleton, 21, and Jordan Charles, 20, were both in the house with Dahm when police arrived so they were questioned but released
'We walk out the house and they put the handcuffs on us and we were like "Okay",' she continued.
Though none of the people in the house were arrested, there are still some hard feelings surrounding the event.
'If she's ever in our presence again I will personally slap her myself and just be like "There you go",' Ms Singleton told Atlanta's Channel 2 GA Daily News.
"We had no idea what was going on. Kept seeing police pull up. Saw police pull by the house, back up. We were just really confused what was going on," said Jordan Charles, a man who was inside the house.
Officers interviewed Dahm, as well as the group at the home. Cook spoke to people who were inside the home, who said Dahm was snorting cocaine all night. It appears she won't be charged for the false alarm.
Attorney Raymon Burns (left) addresses court for client Alexandra Dahm, a 19-year-old woman who claimed she was being held hostage in a home in Buckhead a day earlier.
"There was no crime committed because it came in as a third-party call," Jones told Cook.
But police said they found drugs on Dahm when she tried to get rid of them at the Atlanta police Zone 2 Precinct, where officers were interviewing her. Jones said she had been hiding a bag of cocaine in her underwear. She was charged with possession of cocaine and tampering with evidence.
- 'They had robbed my family': Widow's anguish as three teens indicted for killing married father of two on son's birthday after he willingly gave the muggers his wallet
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's brother Mark Shand in critical condition after fall outside NY club
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Teacher Saralyn Gayle Portwood arrested for inappropriate relationship with student
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- Parents of school employee who reported coworkers were stealing to buy meth seek FBI probe over his 'suicide'
- Tobias A. Bowen caught in Britain
- She really WAS pregnant! Southern Charm's disgraced South Carolina politician and much younger girlfriend DID have a baby despite show's pregnancy scare false alarm
- Oprah Winfrey's bitter stepmother Barbara in explosive first-ever interview
- 'Sizzurp' cough syrup used by Justin Bieber and Lil' Wayne has been pulled off the market amid manufacturer fears it's being abused as a drug
- Paige Laurie divorce get ugly as she sues Bo Dubbert for stealing from her
- Adam Pearson hopes to beat prejudice after Under The Skin
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Sean Studler, 17, dragged by train and killed 'was wearing headphones'
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- A gentleman is always on time and makes love on his elbows... but doesn't tweet or own a cat: Country Life reveal the ten dos and don'ts of the 'Gentlemanly Commandments'
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Gorgeous George... The baby fashion icon: How Prince's outfits have sparked a rush to the shops from ambitious parents
- Henry County teen wont give up fight to cure cancer
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Grand jury rules shooting not authorized
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Mother fighting to get baby back from son of former mayor of Oklahoma City claims she was deceived into giving him up for adoption
- Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- South Korean plastic surgery so good people need CERTIFICATES to prove who they are
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Dr. Zyad Younan refuses to pay $135k strip club bill because he claims he was 'drugged'
- Governor to sign controversial gun bill into law
- Jennifer Lopez suffers embarrassing wardrobe malfunction live on German TV
- Duke and Duchess learn to DJ: William and Kate hit the decks in Adelaide as they visit suburb named after the Queen
- Accused murderer wants 'murder' neck tattoo removed before his trial
- Henry Co. teenager working on cancer cure
- Nolana Griffin sentenced to 25 years 'for having sex with 4 students ages 15 to 17'
- Meet 12 girls 'duped' by show which promises chance to marry Prince Harry
- Time Magazine says Columbus residents are "terrified", Mayor Tomlinson responds
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Man back in jail on rape charges after previous peeping tom arrest
- Al Gore's youngest daughter Sarah, 35, gets remarried under an old pine tree in casual outdoor service in California
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Obama goes golfing instead of attending aunts funeral
- Five-year-old starved in closet Jordan Bleimeyer pictured on road to recovery
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|