Teen driver killed in three-car accident in Gwinnett
Gwinnett County Police are looking into whether alcohol played a role in a three-car accident on Saturday night that killed two people, including a 17-year-old driver.
Police said the driver is a student at a local high school but did not release the name.
The accident happened at about 10 p.m. on Webb Gin House Road near Bennett Road.
Police said the 17-year-old driver sideswiped another car, then hit a third car head-on.
A 20-year-old passenger in the teen's car also died.
A third passenger in the car was injured, along with two other people in the other vehicles.
"We're still investigating the cause of the crash," said Corporal Jennifer Roberts. "We're not sure if alcohol was involved or not."
A investigator on the scene told 11Alive News that alcohol was involved.
Fog was also an issue.
"Anytime there are foggy conditions, it's extremely dangerous out here," said Lt. Eric Eberly of the Gwinnett Fire Department. "Our responding units were also stating they were having a hard time seeing because of the fog on the way in."
Neighbors in the area said they have complained about that section of Webb Gin House Road and asked for a stop light at Bennett Road to slow down traffic.
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Two teens and man who stopped to help them killed in Miami car crash
- Dammion Heard's parents dispute findings that their star wrestler son, 20, killed himself as it's revealed the college student got into a fight the night he went missing
- One dead in Lilburn motorcycle accident
- School board addresses cursive writing concerns
- Gynecologist Dr Paul Becton 'took naked photos of patients'
- Kristine Kirk, 44, is shot dead 'in front of kids by husband Richard Kirk who was hallucinating after eating a marijuana cookie' - and she had already been on phone to 911 for 13 MINUTES
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Duchess of Cambridge keeps her cool in white dress by Australian designer for visit to Sydney's Royal Easter Show with William
- High school vice principal rescued from South Korean ferry found hanging from tree in front of victims' families after his students die
- Witness: Goose on the loose with arrow through head
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Judge John McBain lashes out at convicted killer Camia Gamet after she snickers and asks 'is that it?' as victim's aunt recounts murder
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Baby gorilla dies unexpectedly at Milwaukee zoo just one month after birth
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Family of Dawsonville child makes plea for kidney match
- 'Hostage scammers' steal hundreds from Atlanta residents
- Mayor Reed speaks out against Water Management raises
- Albino kangaroo gives birth to dark joey at German zoo
- DeKalb crews working on water main break
- Woman shot during robbery in Glennville
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Police: Locker-room thief spent $4,000 on stolen credit cards
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Atlanta Watershed Dept. under review after "hefty raises"
- Incredible photos reveal the elaborate hairdos of the Himba tribe created using goat hair and MUD
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Preying to stay alive: Centipede tries to eat its way to sanctuary - out of a snake's stomach!
- Hawkinsville Man Birago Blackshear Accused of Killing Ex-Girlfriend Ashton Bartlett
- Bodies of teen girl on Spring break and her 33-year-old aunt pulled from Lake Erie after they went missing with two men on fishing trip
- More than $1M in fake soccer gear seized in Ga.
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Columbus Animal Control loses family dog, later finds him dead in nearby creek
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|