Gwinnett Man Corey Adams says he was shot at Applebee's over 49ers game, Donald Ayro arrested
A man claims he was shot over a football game Saturday night as he left an Applebee's restaurant in Gwinnett County.
Corey Adams, 30, said he was at the restaurant on Pleasant Hill Rd in Duluth celebrating with a friend before the shooting happened.
He said he and his friend were watching an NFL playoff game and rooting for the San Francisco 49ers. He said a New Orleans Saints fan took offense to his cheering and had words with him.
"The only thing me and my buddy said was, we were excited that the 49ers scored," Adams said. "It was only one touchdown."
Adams said the man paid for his food and left in a hurry saying that he would be back, but he just brushed it off.
"I saw him pop a pill," Adams said.
An hour and a half later, Adams, his girlfriend and his friend, who had just moved back home from California, walked out of the restaurant and got into a car.
Moments later, Adams said the Saints fan appeared wearing a hoodie and started shooting.
Gwinnett County police said the shooter was Donald Ayro.
Adams' friend, 30-year-old Chris Middleton, was shot in the chest. Adams had to run for safety.
"I took off running and he started shooting at me and shot like four or five times and he grazed the back of my head," Adams said as he showed a hole in his cap and a slight wound on the crown of his head.
He had to duck behind a car and run around a building to get to safety.
All of this happened around 6:30 p.m., and police said the parking lot was packed as bullets flew.
Adams said he's just hoping his friend will pull through.
"He was talking," Adams said "He was laying on the ground talking about his kids, talking about his wife."
Gwinnet County police said they were interviewing several witnesses and possible suspects Saturday night.
Police said Middleton was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center in critical condition.
Adams said he was taken to another location where he identified the shooter.
Police said they used a description of the shooter and his vehicle to locate him driving south on Interstate 85.
Ayro, 31, was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, felon in possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Police said additional charges may be filed.
- Teen battling school board over whether her 22-year-old boyfriend will be allowed at the high school prom
- Southern Charm finale introduces Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis' baby girl
- EXCLUSIVE: "Brothers Forever" co-author discusses upcoming book release
- La Balade Des Gnomes: World's wackiest hotel where you can spend the night in a Trojan horse, a troll's lair and even sleep with a mermaid
- Chicago man Christopher Kaelin wins same lottery three times in three weeks
- The dog with a thousand hilarious faces who LOVES to play fetch
- Woman gives birth to 'baby with two heads'
- Sign calls candidate for school board president 'chicken'
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy condemned for racist remarks
- Is this Miley Cyrus' worst Instagram offering ever?
- Facebook users duped by missing Malaysia Airlines spam
- Vinay Pochampally 'groped sleeping woman's breast for FIVE MINUTES' on British Airways flight from London to San Francisco
- Abercrombie & Fitch finally says sorry for fat comments
- Texas dad shot dead boy, 17, after catching him in bed with daughter
- News anchor gets shock as earthquake hits live TV studio
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda ejected for ball tampering in Boston
- Builder survives after steel rod pierces through his skull in window fall
- ‘Ghost’ caught on film in stadium in La Paz, Bolivia
- Final Game of Thrones trailer redefines 'overkill'
- Man files lawsuit claiming he is REAL father of cyber-bullying suicide victim Audrie Potts as he tries to join wrongful death lawsuit filed by her family
- Sheriff's deputy 'gunned down his wife and then himself during domestic dispute' with their two young daughters listening in just steps away
- VIDEO: Brush fire near Warm Springs Rd Connecter slows traffic
- Auburn to hold 2014 Drug Take Back event
- HCC to present free program on Eufaula’s Textile Mill Heritage
- Ryan Gosling's violent new film booed at Cannes
- Romney attends fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas
- Mega Millions lottery winner Holly Lahtiand and estranged husband's violent past
- WikiLeaks 'traitor' Bradley Manning wants to be a woman
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Giant python swallows family's pet dog
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, sent to jail
- What would Superman wearing a GoPro look like? Pretty cool, actually
- Chinese internet company Alibaba Group is set for listing on US stock exchange
- ‘Two and a Half Men’ star Angus T. Jones has criticised the sitcom again
- Justin Casquejo, 16, sneaks past sleeping guard to top of 1 World Trade Centre
- Video: Grandmother survives being run over twice in horror crash
- Beyoncé tops Time’s list of 100 most influential people of 2014
- Facebook buys fitness app Moves
- Yahya Abdi had discovered his father 'had lied she had died in rocket attack'
- New gun law worries police, business owners
- Missing MH370 report to be released 'next week'
- Lanett teen arrested in connection to 2013 traffic accident
- Suspect identified, murder warrant issued in Seale, Ala. homicide investigation
- Fort Benning program thrives during nationwide Army cuts
- Bette Midler Rumor: Actress May Appear On ‘Glee’ As Celebrity Guest
- Delaware student Devon Gluck gives back $1,800 after ATM mistake
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|