Gwinnett Man Corey Adams says he was shot at Applebee's over 49ers game, Donald Ayro arrested
A man claims he was shot over a football game Saturday night as he left an Applebee's restaurant in Gwinnett County.
Corey Adams, 30, said he was at the restaurant on Pleasant Hill Rd in Duluth celebrating with a friend before the shooting happened.
He said he and his friend were watching an NFL playoff game and rooting for the San Francisco 49ers. He said a New Orleans Saints fan took offense to his cheering and had words with him.
"The only thing me and my buddy said was, we were excited that the 49ers scored," Adams said. "It was only one touchdown."
Adams said the man paid for his food and left in a hurry saying that he would be back, but he just brushed it off.
"I saw him pop a pill," Adams said.
An hour and a half later, Adams, his girlfriend and his friend, who had just moved back home from California, walked out of the restaurant and got into a car.
Moments later, Adams said the Saints fan appeared wearing a hoodie and started shooting.
Gwinnett County police said the shooter was Donald Ayro.
Adams' friend, 30-year-old Chris Middleton, was shot in the chest. Adams had to run for safety.
"I took off running and he started shooting at me and shot like four or five times and he grazed the back of my head," Adams said as he showed a hole in his cap and a slight wound on the crown of his head.
He had to duck behind a car and run around a building to get to safety.
All of this happened around 6:30 p.m., and police said the parking lot was packed as bullets flew.
Adams said he's just hoping his friend will pull through.
"He was talking," Adams said "He was laying on the ground talking about his kids, talking about his wife."
Gwinnet County police said they were interviewing several witnesses and possible suspects Saturday night.
Police said Middleton was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center in critical condition.
Adams said he was taken to another location where he identified the shooter.
Police said they used a description of the shooter and his vehicle to locate him driving south on Interstate 85.
Ayro, 31, was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, felon in possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Police said additional charges may be filed.
- Husband and wife, both police officers in Chicago, dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Undocumented students rally for in-state tuition rates
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- American parents heartbroken as Congolese government refuses to hand over orphans they adopted a year ago
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Captain America beats up the competition at the box office for third straight weekend while Johnny Depp disappoints again
- 37th Street shooting under investigation
- BREAKING NEWS: 16-year-old boy survives UNHARMED after flying from California to Hawaii in the wheel-well
- Uptown Columbus turns blue for Light Up Columbus Glow Run benefiting Autism
- Atlanta Woman Lashawna Threatt Dies after Fall from W Hotel Room
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Father speeds his newborn baby to the hospital with one hand cradling the infant and the on the wheel after roadside delivery
- Discovery of long-lost World War II dog tags may solve the 70-year-old mystery of a soldier's death
- Situation clears some units Wood House Lane
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Jewelry store donates portion of sales to Children's Hospital
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- 'I will be back!': Jim Kelly says he's bouncing back from cancer in thank you message to fans
- Palmetto Electric holds annual meeting with events for everyone
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Edmond Aviv ordered by judge to hold 'I'm a bully!' sign
- Chocolate demand in China outstripping cocoa bean production
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Stone Mountain Woman Leann Corley Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Pills
- Neighborhood association treasurer charged after money goes missing
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- 5 accused in NC abduction to have bond hearing
- 'I might have been the one who shot NFL star' Ranger admits 10 years after football legend Pat Tillman was killed in friendly fire
- Savannah police track down Bryan Co. burglary suspects
- Unidentified Woman Killed By Street Sweeper in Macon
- Wyck Knox Jr., Thomas Blanchard Jr. to be inducted into CSRA Business Hall of Fame
- Shoplifting suspects wanted in Augusta
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- X-Ray of friendly stray dog rescued reveals horrific abuse suffered in the past as it captures more than 50 BB gun pellets
- 'It gives you chills to see patriotism like this': Military kids spontaneously stand and break out into National Anthem in Spanish cinema after seeing moving movie clip
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|