Speed limit changes coming to I-285
Changes to the speed limit are coming to a section of Interstate 285 next month. Drivers will be allowed to drive up to 65 mph on I-285 south of I-20 beginning Nov. 1.
The change is being made due to concern that some drivers are going too fast and creating a gap in speeds when compared to those traveling at the 55 mph speed limit.
For those driving on the north side of I-285, Georgia Department of Transportation officials said that variable speed limits will begin in the summer of 2014. The speed limits will depend on the traffic. sometimes they might allow cars on the top end perimeter to travel 65 mph
Many drivers who talked to FOX 5's Doug Evans said they weren't even aware that the speed limit was only 55 mph.
Click the video to watch the report!
A MAN who left his fiancé for another woman has been ordered to pay her $55,000 for "breach of promise". Christopher Kelley, from Georgia, was ... Full story
- Scorned husband Phillip Dunn sentenced to life in wife's slaying
- Head of Atlanta's '30 Deep' gang George "Keon" Redding convicted
- Ebony Daniel, Charlie Martin arrested after baby allegedly ingests cocaine
- Police: Teen Troy Westberry confessed to fatal stabbing of 13-year-old
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- Marietta police seek armed robbery suspects Isiah Binns and Cleveland Brady
- Police arrest 26-year-old Kerrianne Johnson for child molestation
- Wendy's employee Amy Seiber drops pot in burger, police say
- Clayton County high school senior Keandre Varner suspended after posting principal's mugshot on Instagram
- Fan Who Died in Stadium Fall Was 29-Year-Old Ronald Lee Homer Jr.
- Paulding County gym teacher Robert Cartwright accused of molesting student
- Sex abuse allegations against former pastor Bill Wininger prompts church school meeting
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges
- Fayette assistant principal Darren Handley accused of stealing money
- Police: Clayton County teen V'ondra Olivaria accidentally shot to death
- Assistant principal Genghis Shakhan accused of 'excessive force'
- Fayetteville man Terry Davis charged in stabbing death of ex-girlfriend
- Kennesaw pastor John Pinkston facing child molestation charges
- Atlanta Man Eric Brown accused of molesting teen at church caught in NC
- AD Confirms Former Tech QB Calvin Booker Named In NCAA Report
- Bond Set for Fairburn Woman Maria Owens Accused in Baby's Death
- Fulton assistant principal Paul Cook arrested for bringing gun to school
- Georgia woman Stacey Schoeck pleads guilty in Valentine's Day slaying
- Police: Atlanta woman Camease Miller shot, killed during home invasion
- Morgan Lide: Cobb County high school student dies during study abroad
- Off-Duty Atlanta Police Officer Michael Awe Found Dead
- Brandon Philpot arrested in recording studio slaying
- Hunt for Adolph 'Sonny' Neal, 47, who 'murdered wife and her grandfather in horrific crime of passion'
- Canadian father Brian Schumaker guilty in Atlanta child sex sting
- Ex-police officer Michael Bernard Wilson found guilty of molesting girl
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Naked Ga. man Jermaine Lloyd arrested on drug charges
- Atlanta man Michael Oneal charged in double slaying
- Former DeKalb principal Agnes Flanagan arraigned in cheating scandal
- Former Youth Pastor Nathan Donald Moore Charged With Child Molestation
- Ex-School Secretary Lorrie Edwards Charged in Theft
- Shooting Expert William Abbate Faces Molestation Charges
- Police arrest suspect Andrae Dinkins in slaying outside billiards hall
- Driver Akshay Panducherry and passenger survive early-morning crash into woods
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|