LaGrange police: Disoriented Mississippi woman wanted to visit 'Walking Dead' actor who plays Daryl Dixon
A disoriented Mississippi woman ended up in LaGrange, Ga., on a quest to find a "Walking Dead" actor she considered "her man," authorities said.
Responding July 28 to a burglary in progress at 704 N. Greenwood St., LaGrange Police Officer Jason Duncan found a woman coming out the front door, according to a police report.
The woman, who was "sweating profusely," told the officer she was looking for her children at the house, the report said. She said she lives in Mississippi "and was on her way to visit Norman," it said.
She was referring to Norman Reedus, the actor who plays Daryl Dixon on the AMC zombie miniseries "The Walking Dead." She said Reedus was "her man," and she was in Georgia to see him, according to the police report. She took her three children on a road trip from Mississippi to Georgia to find Reedus, authorities said.
"The Walking Dead" films around Senoia, Ga., about 40 miles from LaGrange.
The woman told the officer she didn't know where Reedus lived. "She said that she did not have that information as it was in the GPS that she left in her car," Duncan writes.
Duncan learned the woman and her children were taken to the West Point Police Department after running out of gas on their trip. West Point authorities transported them to a shelter in LaGrange.
"(She) was still disoriented and thought that the house she was breaking into was the shelter where her children were at," the police report states.
The West Point Police Department reportedly contacted the woman's husband. The woman's mother said that she was in touch with the husband, "who had already met with DFCS and was driving back to Mississippi with the children," according to the police report. DFCS refers to the state Department of Family and Children Services.
The woman was taken to the emergency room for treatment. Due to the woman's "altered mental state," she does not face charges at this time, the report states.
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Sophisticated meth lab found in million dollar lakeside home
- 'Our father and brothers are culprits in this tragedy': Saudi princesses who say they are kept locked in palace without food or water make contact with the outside world
- Former cop shoots dead his wife in front of their two young children
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Experts carry out DNA tests on bones thought to belong to monarchs from 1,000 years ago including King Canute
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Incredible images capture the Ethiopian Suri tribe whose girls have lip plates implanted at puberty as a sign of beauty
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Some South Carolina schools see drop in annual assessment
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Man, 24, pays the $974 remainder of his student loans in 500 POUNDS of pennies
- The Queen photograph by David Bailey marks her 88th birthday
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- SC prison guard gave inmates key impressions
- Stone Mountain Woman Leann Corley Fakes Pregnancy to Smuggle Pills
- Popularity of IPA Day signals rise of American craft beers
- Flood warning for north Georgia
- Arion1 Velocipede capsule is a BICYCLE and could be the fastest in history
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- State Farm holding career fair August 6, 7
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|