Texas Man Larry Dunn Jr stabbed girlfriend who told him she had HIV to death
DALLAS - There are teddy bears and lit candles outside what's now a boarded-up apartment on Highland Village Drive in South Dallas.
Neighbor Latoya Arnett said she hopes it shows a little respect for a woman who died a violent death.
Cicely Bolden, 28, lived inside the apartment with her seven- and eight-year-old son and daughter.
"The kids came home around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, and when they walked inside the house, they came out crying," Arnett said. "I ran out to see what was wrong with them. They were saying, 'Something's wrong with mama!'"
Arnett said she went inside the apartment and saw Bolden stabbed to death on the bedroom floor. She said she immediately called 911.
"All I know is, she didn't deserve it and her kids didn't deserve to see her like that," Arnett said.
Police say family led them to 36-year-old Larry Dunn, Jr., who Arnett saw arrive at Bolden's apartment Thursday afternoon. She said she didn't recognize him.
Police say Dunn and Bolden recently started dating. Detectives say he cooperated with them when they asked to speak to him about Bolden's death. Police said he admitted, during a recorded interview, he went to Bolden's apartment in the afternoon and after having sex, Bolden revealed she is HIV positive.
The arrest warrant said Dunn was so upset, he went to the kitchen, retrieved a knife, and stabbed Bolden to death. He told detectives, "She killed me, so I killed her."
Detectives said Dunn told them he burned his clothes and the the knife in a garbage dumpster at an Irving Waffle House. Investigators said that's where they found what they believe to be the murder weapon.
The father of Cicely's son, Jeff Busby, said Bolden had contracted HIV within the last couple of years. He said he currently has both her son and her daughter.
"They are doing okay, but asking a lot of questions," he said.
Busby said Cicely remained one of his best friends.
"She was a sweet, sweet person," he said.
Arnett said the same thing.
"She was a good mom. Loved her kids to death," she said. "I can't imagine my kids seeing me like that. I know it hurt them."
Dunn is in custody on a $500,000 bond
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- Paul McCartney writes to Putin asking to free Greenpeace protesters
- Attacks in Iraq around religious ritual kill 22
- Parents of school employee who reported coworkers were stealing to buy meth seek FBI probe over his 'suicide'
- Southern Charm finale introduces Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis' baby girl
- Russian cosmonauts take Olympic torch on first historic spacewalk outside space station
- Richmond County's handicap parking enforcement lags behind Columbia County
- Fort Pulaski recreates Thanksgiving field day of 1862
- Behind the scenes of 'Sleepy Hollow'
- Supreme Court green-lights Obamacare birth-control showdown
- 'This whole thing -- it's a mess!' Obama's health care 'fix' angers insurance companies
- Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years
- Talahi woman charged with concealing husband's death enters plea
- Teacher Saralyn Gayle Portwood arrested for inappropriate relationship with student
- Meet the big game huntresses who have killed more than 70 species
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- LANCE ARMSTRONG WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Drugs cheat meets his accuser Emma O'Reilly
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- Tobias A. Bowen caught in Britain
- The world explained in maps revealing everything you need to know
- Father Timothy Archibald photographs 5-year-old autistic son Elijah's unique behavior
- Investigators search for cause of fire that destroyed Richmond Hill home
- Harry Drinkwater's lost diary from the Great War
- Canal trout experiment yields both cannibalism and survivors
- GA owner of NC State Fair ride surrenders to police
- Satellite likely to hit Earth in unpopulated area
- Serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin begs Missouri to halt his lethal injection because it may be 'excruciatingly painful'
- Blake Lively highlights her famous legs in ruffled skirt with clashing printed jacket at H&M masquerade party
- Virus holds computer files ransom
- Augusta artist returns from North Pole expedition
- Faysal Himon, NYC cab driver, avoids charges in accident that left tourist without a foot, report says
- Van runs stop sign, causes five-vehicle crash
- Married man who raped girl three times starting when she was only 14-years-old WILL NOT go to prison despite convictions
- Pennsylvania Reverend Frank Schaefer may be defrocked for officiating gay son's wedding
- Samsung to launch a wraparound screen next year: Rumours abound that new Galaxy model could have a THREE-sided screen
- Girl flees pursuer, finds friendly face, safety at Denver home
- Your Week in History: An alien 'invasion' and a huge first pitch
- UGA-Auburn game on CBS Saturday
- Residents near Ga. base warned of weapons training
- A gentleman is always on time and makes love on his elbows... but doesn't tweet or own a cat: Country Life reveal the ten dos and don'ts of the 'Gentlemanly Commandments'
- JFK assassination historic items on display to mark 50th anniversary of President's death
- The adjustable airline seats that widen according to your size (and how much you're willing to pay)
- Angelina really is a foxy lady! Scientists discover that silver foxes share the same facial characteristics as beautiful women
- Grand jury rules shooting not authorized
- Henry County teen wont give up fight to cure cancer
- Sorry Charlie's facade inspection to take place Friday
- Norman Bel Geddes exhibition's designs that shaped modern America
- Dennis Rodman apologizes for Bae comments
- She's smoking! Mount Etna puffs out dozens of rings measuring hundreds of feet across as she spews molten lava
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|