Jeffrey Trevino: Husband of missing Mall of America manager charged with her murder
As murder charges are filed against Jeffrey Trevino, the husband of missing St.Paul woman Kira Trevino, a disturbing picture has come to light on his Facebook page in which he depicts his wife as a Zombie.
The unnerving image showing his wife as the undead comes as Trevino, 39, was charged this morning with two counts of second-degree murder - despite the fact that the body of his 30-year-old wife is still to be found.
Having been booked into Ramsey COunty Jail on suspicion of murder on Tuesday, Trevino was charged after police found blood in his wife's abandoned car and in the bedroom the couple shared in the Minnesota home.
Jeffrey Trevino, 39, is charged with two counts of second-degree murder in a case that is complicated by the fact his wife's body has not been found
Jeffrey D. Trevino posted this picture inspired by AMC's Walking Dead series onto Facebook saying 'Me and the wife out for a walk in the park'
Jeffrey D. Trevino has been charged with the murder of his wife Kira (both pictured) after police found evidence of a brutal and bloody crime scene at the home they shared in St. Paul
'Based on the amount of blood found in her home and the vehicle and based on the fact that it is highly uncharacteristic of her to be missing for nearly a full week without any contact with friends, family or coworkers, there is probably cause to conclude that she is dead,' said the criminal complaint against Trevino.
According to the charges against him, Trevino claims that his wife had been suffering a mid-life crisis and that she had been leaving their home for two or three days at a time according to MyFoxTwin Cities.
He also said that he recently learned his wife had been lying about where she was staying and it has emerged that family and friends both informed the police that the couple were having relationship problems.
Trevino told police that he and his wife met up on February 21st at the Mall of America, where Kira was a manager of a clothing store and had dinner and went bowling before she came back to the home they shared.
Kira Trevino, 30, has been missing since Friday and her car was recovered in the parking lot of Mall of America on Monday morning
He said they watched a movie and then got into bed and that the last time he saw her was at 8.30 a.m. on Friday morning as she left to go to work.
Kira did not go to work on Friday nor did she arrive to work on Saturday and Trevino did not report her missing until Sunday - the same day he told her family that he could not locate her.
The Mall of America security cameras located Kira Trevino's white Chevy Cobalt in a remote part of the shopping centers parking lot but when they told her family the car had been backed up they said that couldn't be the case because Kira could not perform that maneuver.
Marcie Steger said her daughter’s car was backed into the parking space, a maneuver she said her daughter couldn’t execute.
Upon searching the car they found blood near the trunk opening and inside the lining of the car.
Kira Trevino moved from Wisocnsin with her her husband to St. Paul so that he could find work
Turning their attention to the home the couple shared in St. Paul, police found evidence of a gruesome crime scene in the master bedroom: blood on the floor, box spring, mattress, bed frame, bookshelf, closet door, baseboard trim and the wall.
Crime scene investigators also cut-out a large section of carpet in the bedroom, finding a blood stain in the shape of a body on the backside.
Processing of the home found 'evidence of extensive cleanup efforts,' including furniture moved to hide evidence, a basket of freshly-washed towels, a spray bottle of bleach solution and a carpet cleaning machine.
Investigators found large amounts of blood in the main floor living room, hallways, bathroom and stairs leading down to the basement laundry room - revealing evidence of a long and brutal struggle.
Adding to the sense of unease is the disturbing image showing Kira as a zombie - inspired by the AMC series 'The Walking Dead' which charts the progress of a desperate group of survivors struggling in a post-apocalyptic world filled with Zombies.
It is unclear what significance this image has to the couple or Trevino's state of mind.
Kira Trevino met her husband in Wausau, Wisconsin, where her family is from, when he was in town working on the construction of a hospital. They married about three years ago.
Jeffrey Trevino, 39, is being held at Ramsey County Jail following the disappearance of his wife, a manager at the Mall of America, who has not been seen since last Friday.
Her abandoned car was found in a Mall of America parking lot on Monday morning with her cell-phone and purse still inside and subsequently officers performed executed a search warrant at the couple's home in the 500 block of Iowa Avenue E in St. Paul.
Kira Trevino, 30, was last seen by her husband, Jeff Trevino, at the couple's St Paul house on Friday and Trevino's family said that her cell phone and purse were discovered in the white 2010 Chevy Cobalt
Upon conducting that search on Monday evening, investigators said they found evidence at the house that a crime had been committed.
Despite the arrest of Jeffrey Trevino, police still consider Kira Trevino a missing person.
Her family, who have made relentless media appearances as they try to raise awareness of missing Kira, were notified of the arrest this evening.
'I actually just saw him, Jeff, Wednesday evening at my house in Wausau,' said Kira's mother Marcie Steger to CBS Local.
'As far as we know, he was the last person to see her.'
Kira Trevino, 30, was last seen by her husband, Jeff Trevino, at the couple's St Paul house on Friday and Trevino's family said that her cell phone and purse were discovered in her white 2010 Chevy Cobalt.
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension searched the home on Monday evening as family and friends made desperate pleas for Kira, who is a manager at Delia’s, a clothing store for teenage girls in the world-famous mall to return home.
Mall security noticed her car in a parking ramp on the west side of the mall at about 4:55 a.m. Monday and called police.
Tara Hall, a colleague who said she is Trevino's best friend, told the Star Tribune that it's perfectly normal for Kira to park where the car was found, but not specifically in the isolated location under a ramp where police found the vehicle.
However, family members told Fox 9 News that it was neatly parked in a place that she never usually stopped in and struck them as odd, because Kira was not skilled at parking.
Authorities canvassed the car and said there was 'evidence that concerned investigators,' but they wouldn’t elaborate further on what that meant.
Security personel are reviewing surveillance footage for any clues that could shed light on Trevino's disappearance.
'This is absolutely 100 percent out of character for her,' said her friend Jackie Arrando.
'She would never, ever just not show up for work or go somewhere without letting people know. Never.'
'We've been friends for a long time, everyone is really worried.'
Family members have flown in from around Wisconsin and Texas and spent yesterday with investigators.
'Kira, if you're watching this, I hope you're safe and I hope you come home. We're just very worried and concerned and we're going to do everything we can to find you,' Kira's Sister Keri Anne Steger told KARE 11.
Kira was first reported missing on Saturday after she failed to turn up for work on Saturday - leaving her husband as the last person to see her.
'We are looking to see if any suspicious activity is related to this disappearance, as we do with any missing persons case,' said St. Paul Police Sgt. Paul Paulos.
'She is an adult, but she has been reported missing, and this is an active case. We recognize that this is important to her family and to her friends, and it’s important to us as well.'
Trevino’s husband, Jeff Trevino, confirmed that police found the car but would not take questions about the case, saying he didn’t want to hinder the investigation.
A 'Find Kira Trevino' Facebook page that already has gotten more than 2,600 likes is online now with pictures, posts, and comments.
Florida woman Jillian Martone 'attacks man with kitchen knife after first date for refusing to be her boyfriend'
A Florida woman viciously attacked a man after their first date because he wouldn't call himself her boyfriend, according to authorities. Thirty-five-year-old Jillian Leigh Martone of ... Full story
- Claudia Hidic: Teenage girl was 'shot dead in crossfire after hiring thugs to pretend to take her hostage
- Tennessee man and his current wife arrested in ex-wife's slaying in Germantown
- Missouri man Bernard Grosso kills estranged wife then shoots himself dead - one day before court date to finalize their divorce
- Wis. man Kou Thao charged after severed head found in trunk
- O.J. Simpson's ex-girlfriend Christie Prody arrested after 'snatching woman's purse in Dakota mall'
- Not-so-model citizen: Maxim 'Hometown Hottie' finalist arrested in heroin bust
- Man 'kills girlfriend with vacuum cleaner'
- Nebraska man Anthony Utterback acquitted after stabbing his wife's lover to death
- MN woman Pamela Fahy, NAKED from the waist down busted fleeing bedroom of her 13-year-old's lover by boy's dad
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Parents sell daughters into child porn ring
- New Jersey man Robert Ramirez arrested after 'punching through JetBlue plane window'
- Jersey Bridgeman: Girl, 6, whose father chained her to a dresser found dead
- Defense attorney Jill Swerdlin indicted for 'smuggling prescription drugs to her clients behind bars'
- Shirley Nunez: Wife of Oregon Officer arrested after running over her husband with a truck over affair
- Joliet murders: Teens 'had 3-way sex' on bodies of men they strangled
- Knockout game is killing innocent civilians
- Fifth-grade teacher Lisa Davis investigated for sexually molesting 10-year-old boy in her class
- West Virginia Man Charles Shamblin Jr jailed for incest after fathering daughter's three children
- Married special ed teacher Sonya Horn, 32, sentenced to four years for sex with her developmentally disabled student
- Four teenagers 'gang-raped female UMass student, 18, during wild dorm room party featuring vodka and pot'
- Elementary school principal Leslie Chance 'shot her husband dead and dumped his body in an orchard'
- Buried bodies found in Victorville, California belong to missing McStay family
- Man and seven-month-old baby boy killed in ambush on New Orleans bridge
- Girl's basketball coach Bronson Ward, 33, weeps in court as he is accused of having sex with at least FIVE students
- Mark Berndt Update: Calif. teacher pleads no contest to molesting students
- Florida man who ‘exposed himself’ tells police: ‘I was just airing out my penis’
- Massachusetts schoolboy Philip Chism accused of raping and killing his maths teacher
- Sylvia Mitchell Update: "Sorry" NYC psychic gets 5 to15 years in prison for conning clients
- Teenager scams New York surgeon to buy bigger breasts
- Ryan Muehlhauser: Pastor who 'offered to "cure" homosexuals is arrested for sexually assaulting male clients'
- Musician Raefe Ahkbar kills three bandmates in New York
- Maths teacher Ashley Nicole-Anderson arrested for 'having sex with four students and sending them naked photos'
- Ex-substitute teacher Anna Michelle Walters convicted in student-sex case
- Brittany Weyandt: Woman, 20, arrested after giving birth to 14-year-old's baby
- McStay Family Update: Human remains found in Mojave Desert belong to Calif. family missing since 2010, relative says
- Nancy Michelle Mendoza Moreno: Lured businessmen to honey trap so Mexican cartels could kidnap them and hold them to ransom'
- Amber Seymor: Mother-of-three killed in murder-suicide horror after confronting husband about cheating
- Bryan E Sweatt kills five people and himself in Greenwood, South Carolina
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|