Doctors baffled by mystery illness which causes Baltimore woman Shanyna Isom to grow fingernails instead of hair
A young woman has been labelled a medical mystery after falling victim to an unidentified illness which causes human nails to grow out of her hair follicles.
Shanyna Isom, 28, suffered an allergic reaction three years ago which caused the debilitating syndrome which has left her struggling to walk and carry out daily chores.
The university student was left covered in hard scabs as 'nails' replaced the hair on her body and doctors are still in the dark about how to cure Shanyna’s mysterious illness.
Pain: Cause not known: Doctors have no explanation as to why Shanyna had this reaction to the steroids
Condition: Instead of hair, human nails grow out of her hair follicles, but doctor's have yet to establish a cause
The grandparents from Missouri who won a staggering $293,750,000 of the Powerball jackpot have revealed they plan to keep the same pickup truck and visit ... Full story
- Steve Crecelius, Father of 6 married for 25 years gets shock of a lifetime: He’s a she
- Couple order McDonald’s breakfast, get served bag of cash
- Go Topless Day 2011 protesters take off their tops for justice on Venice Beach
- Texas doctor Angela Siler-Fisher accused of harassing woman she calls 'homewrecker'
- Actress sues doctors for posting drunk pictures of her on Facebook
- CNN reporter under fire for saying Kate 'brilliant' for producing male heir
- Black North Carolina pastor to church volunteers: "Only white people" at front door of church
- Temple Hills Man Donald Dixon Arrested For Murder of Woman
- Veteran skydiver Sean Carey plummets to death during competition
- Jack Schaap: Megachurch pastor fired after picture of him kissing 16-year-old girl is found on his phone
- Florida skydiver Kurt Ruppert missing after jump in Washington
- School principal Rachel Escobedo charged after being busted with crystal meth, painkillers and a stolen loaded gun
- Falmouth Family loses 2 sons weeks apart
- $22K ring flushed down toilet, recovered
- Lynsi Torres: Meet America's youngest female billionaire
- Jealous woman Alexius Keys 'runs over ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend' in fit of rage
- Lightning strikes couple, brings on birth of baby girl
- Mystery of Oregon woman Stephanie Warner who vanished on her way home from Fourth of July celebration
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Rabbi Noah Muroff finds $100K of forgotten cash in desk bought on Craigslist
- Newlyweds Elytte and Miranda Barbour 'killed for thrills'
- Baby 'starved to death by U.S. religious cult leaders for failing to say "Amen" before eating'
- Boston: Dorchester Teen Darryl Dookhran Arrested With Gun On Campus
- Suspect Mark Geisenheyner in Pennsylvania country home shootings shot dead
- Suicidal teacher Kip Arnold accused of lewd acts with child takes cops on wild car chase
- Bride-to-be Na Cola Franklin accused of fatally stabbing groom Billy Brewster on wedding day
- Shocking new video shows moment NYPD officer shot pit bull on crowded city street
- Brian Hedglin: Pilot who 'killed his girlfriend' tries to steal plane, crashes and then kills himself
- Harriet Deison: Pastor's wife, 65, buys pistol from gun shop and shoots herself dead in the parking lot
- Former principal John Ward arrested after his former student, 16, 'says he's the father of her baby'
- 'I chase him, I bite him'... the crime report written by a DOG: Officer investigated after submitting witness statement in character as animal
- David Kuo dies: Evangelical Christian Leader succumbs to brain cancer
- Charges dropped for UVA student Elizabeth Daly in water-buying incident
- TRIPLE TRAGEDY: Family loses three daughters in horror crashes
- Dead body found in Google Maps snap
- Caran Johnson accidentally live tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Man charged after cops shoot bystanders
- Topless Missouri woman Jeanne Ouelette chases alleged Peeping Tom Jeremy Bradley
- Insurance company uses Nelson Mandela’s death to promote itself
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|