Tulsa dad William Lewallen arrested after toddler found in cage
A 47-year-old Tulsa man has been arrested for felony child neglect after police were called to his home to find three young children naked and in various states of distress, while he was passed out on a bed.
After hearing a child crying outside for over 20 minutes on Sunday evening, a neighbor went to investigate what was happening outside William Todd Lewallen's residence.
The man found the child, who was naked, and knocked on Lewallen’s front door. When no one answered, the neighbor took the child to his house and called the police.
Police spotted a naked 18-month-old girl locked in this metal dog kennel and covered in her own feces
'When officers arrived they spoke with the neighbor and investigated further,' said Officer Leland Ashley of the Tulsa Police Department. 'As they approached the house they could hear screaming and crying coming from inside.'
Spotting a naked child locked in a metal dog crate, police kicked open the back door and removed a 18-month-old girl from the kennel. She was covered in her own feces.
'Upon entry officers were immediately hit with the overwhelming stench of feces,' Ashley said.
A third child, a 3-year-old - also naked - was found asleep in a bed in the master bedroom, along with Lewallen, who was passed out.
Once awoken, Lewallen told police that had taken narcotic pain medicine, a muscle relaxant and an anti-seizure medication, then 'laid down to take a rest.'
Squalor: Officers investigating the call from a neighbor found Lewallen passed out in the master bedroom, and one of the children locked in a cage in the messy home
A neighbor found a naked toddler locked outside of this Tulsa house on Sunday evening, while father William Todd Lewallen was inside
Officers also spotted an open can of beer next to the bed.
'The defendant was unaware that a naked child had been locked out of his house and was outside in the 40 degree weather for over 20 minutes,' the arrest report states.
'The screaming child in the dog kennel did not wake the defendant nor did the officers kicking the door down to rescue the toddler in the dog cage.'
The three children are now in Department of Human Services custody.
Lewallen remains at the Tulsa Jail in lieu of $50,000 bond on a complaint of child abuse by neglect. His next court date is set for November 19, 2012.
Since 1989, Lewallen has been named in eight felony cases in four counties. He was to remain on probation until December 2013 after being convicted of second-degree burglary in Osage County in 2003, reports Tulsaworld.
In August, he was given a suspended sentence after pleading guilty to a Tulsa County charge filed last year of possessing a precursor with intent to manufacture methamphetamine.
TAMPA— He lured his victims onto a boat, bound them with tape and rope, and weighted their bodies with concrete blocks before throwing ... Full story
- Drivers call police after Waco ad company puts sticker depicting a kidnap on truck
- Teacher Melissa Dean Under Fire for Holiday Cards
- Philadelphia Freshman Ali Fausnaught plunges to her death from rooftop party
- Mansour Accident: Horror as brother, 11, and sister, 6, killed in tubing accident on Michigan lake
- Student, Eldo Kim, charged for Harvard bomb hoax
- Black North Carolina pastor to church volunteers: "Only white people" at front door of church
- Airline sorry for 'H8GAYS' boarding pass code
- Mother, daughter in topless pic scandal
- Dayton doctor Henry William Albers arrested on rape charges
- Female basketball coach Darcee Baney arrested 'for affair with girl student on her team'
- US Navy's controversial Zumwalt destroyer to hit the water for first time
- Police release footage of fatal stabbing as motorists ignore crime scene
- Prison intern Kayla Danielle Davis charged with sexual assault
- 42 years in a coma: Longest coma patient ever Edwarda O'Bara passes away
- Winning tickets for Mega Millions jackpot sold in San Jose, California and Atlanta, Georgia
- Jeremiah Fogle, 57, killed wife Theresa Brown and shot 2 pastors
- Florida woman Kaelyn Partenza sets fire to ex-boyfriend's home after new girlfriend moved into apartment they shared
- Doomsday preacher Harold Camping dies at the age of 92
- Pit bull saves woman from fire
- Rich kid Ethan Couch who killed four in Texas spared jail by State District Judge Jean Boyd
- Sarasota officer okay after being hit by fleeing suspect Devon Evans
- Arizona woman Savannah Ramirez accidentally shoots her brother while posing with gun for Facebook picture
- WikiLeaks 'traitor' Bradley Manning wants to be a woman
- 'Millionaire' dentist ' Dr Richard Ludwig Steals veteran's credit card and buys two pizzas for $40'
- Body found in Marshfield confirmed as missing boater Zac Woods
- Real Estate Agent Rodney Riddle Pleads Not Guilty To Fraud
- Santapocalypse: Six Santas (and one elf) in festive punch-up
- NSA Spying Program Dealt Big Blow
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $586 million
- Pennsylvania couple Annadel Cruz, Alexander Bernstein spend month in jail after police believe soap is cocaine
- Ten-day-old baby dies after drug-addict mother puts her through an entire spin cycle in the washing machine
- Principal Stephen McClenning loses job after scandalous kissing video surfaces
- Former principal John Ward arrested after his former student, 16, 'says he's the father of her baby'
- Gerard Robson fired after accidentally emailing naked photos
- Child Protective Services investigating 'Botox Mom' Kerry Campbell after Good Morning America report
- Police take down sex offender Charles Diorio in standoff
- Korean exchange student Paul Sang dies on California beach after sand pit collapses on him
- Horror at Bed, Bath & Beyond as female shopper Kerri Dalton is stabbed in chest a DOZEN times by stranger
- Scorned husband spray-paints furious message on the garage door of a man who flirted with his wife
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|