Florida mother Kimberly Lightsey BANNED from having more babies after leaving her other children to go partying
A mother who abandoned her four young children in a hotel room to go out partying has been banned from having any more babies.
Kimberly Lightsey agreed not to have any more children in return for avoiding five years in jail.
A judge in Bartow, Florida offered the 30-year-old the unique plea deal as a condition of her probation.
Lightsey looked at her boyfriend after Circuit Judge Ernest Jones Jr offered her the deal.
When the single mother hesitated and said she wanted more children, the judge said: 'But you've got four of them.'
Lightsey agreed to the plea deal which means she cannot get pregnant in the next 13 years - the length of her probation.
The court heard how Lightsey had left her children, aged from one to 11 years old, alone in a hotel room in Winter Haven, Florida.
Another guest at the hotel tipped off police after hearing crying coming from the bedroom and an overturned stroller in a hallway.
One of her children suffers from epilepsy and cerebral palsy and needs constant care.
At the time, Lightsey was serving four years of probation after pleading no contest to child abuse. She had been charged with hitting her six-year-old son in the face with a belt in 2009.
When police entered the hotel room they found it in 'complete disarray' with trash, food and clothing strewn everywhere.
The eldest child said a woman called Simone was supposed to be looking after them. She was tracked down by police but told investigators she did not know what room the children were staying in.
Lightsey was arrested when she returned to the hotel room. All of her children were taken into care before being placed with relatives.
As well as 13 years probation, Lightsey was also placed under house arrest for two years and ordered to carry out 100 hours of community service.
She was also banned from having any unsupervised contact with minors.
The judge agreed that Lightsey could have more children in the future if she is able to fulfill various conditions of her probation and successfully petitions the court to remove the 'no unsupervised contact with minors' clause.
- Student, Eldo Kim, charged for Harvard bomb hoax
- Winning tickets for Mega Millions jackpot sold in San Jose, California and Atlanta, Georgia
- Furious husband finds risquè photos of his wife's literary agent lover on her phone -
- Black North Carolina pastor to church volunteers: "Only white people" at front door of church
- Police release footage of fatal stabbing as motorists ignore crime scene
- Pennsylvania couple Annadel Cruz, Alexander Bernstein spend month in jail after police believe soap is cocaine
- Doomsday preacher Harold Camping dies at the age of 92
- Prison intern Kayla Danielle Davis charged with sexual assault
- Pervert Pastor James Harris Found Guilty of Sex Acts swallowed mints, not pills, test shows
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $586 million
- Cindy Simone makes citizen's arrest after thieves steal from friend's store
- Foster child found chained to porch in North Carolina with dead chicken around his neck
- ANOTHER black Barneys shopper Kayla Phillips, 21, claims she was racially profiled
- World's drunkest university student Samantha Lynne Goudie blows .341
- Jeremiah Fogle, 57, killed wife Theresa Brown and shot 2 pastors
- Charges dropped for UVA student Elizabeth Daly in water-buying incident
- Connecticut man Eduardo Montanez used electric dog collar on nine-year-old child
- Former principal John Ward arrested after his former student, 16, 'says he's the father of her baby'
- Veteran skydiver Sean Carey plummets to death during competition
- Repeat drunken driver James Ruiz who killed two teen sisters sues his drinking buddy and the restaurants that served him
- Thomas Liming, 21, charged in brutal murder of 'best friend' Kyle Underhill
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- NSA Spying Program Dealt Big Blow
- Rich kid Ethan Couch who killed four in Texas spared jail by State District Judge Jean Boyd
- Groom run over and killed hours after wedding
- News station tricked into reading false and racist names for the Asiana crash pilots
- Black man tries to buy $1300 watch, gets arrested
- Multimillionaire widow Christine Svenningsen ordered to give portion of $250m estate to adopted Chinese daughter she gave up after ten years
- Michele Koo, St. Louis Plastic Surgeon, Sued For Allegedly Posting Patients' Nude Photos Online
- Santapocalypse: Six Santas (and one elf) in festive punch-up
- Extreme kayaker, Shannon Christy, killed 2 days after '60 Minutes Sports' profile
- Waitress receives rude note - internet response is epic
- $10,000 found: Boy, 10, finds $10,000 in Kansas City hotel room
- Shocking image of toddler sipping a Bud Light at Cleveland Browns tailgate goes viral
- The Facebook photo of a high school basketball coach Laraine Cook being groped by her fiance that got her fired
- IN PICTURES: The Drug Smuggling 'SUPER TUNNEL'
- Redneck Heaven naked body-paint waitresses force Texas town to change nudity laws
- Florida man's smartphone takes a bullet for him
- Therapist fired for being too cute?
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|