Lynsi Torres: Meet America's youngest female billionaire
She is America's youngest female billionaire; runs a hugely popular burger chain which commands a cult-like following and loves outgoing adrenaline sports like drag racing.
But Lynsi Torres, the owner and president of the $1.1billion In and Out Burger chain, is also one of the world's most secretive company presidents and behind closed doors has had a tumultuous personal life rarely disclosed.
As her company has expanded to 280 stores and a billion dollar value according to the latest analysis by Bloomberg Businessweek, Lynsi has been through a whirlwind of marriages - the first at age 17, then to a minister and most recently a drag racer.
Family history: The West Coast burger chain has been family-run since the first restaurant was opened in Baldwin Park in 1948 by Torres' grandparents Harry and Esther Synder
At the track: With a new hair color Lynsi Torres is rarely seen unless it is to do with racing. The billionaire is an avid drag-racer inheriting the passion, like the fast food business, from her father Guy Snyder
Business is booming for the much-loved West Coast burger chain which started with a tiny drive-through restaurant in Baldwin Park, California, in 1948.
Back then modest Harry and Esther Snyder just wanted a small business to provide for their family.
Some 60 years on there are now more than 280 stores across five states while Warren Buffett has even expressed his envy for its business model and desire to own the successful chain.
But as its popularity grows - sales are reportedly up five per cent year on year - very little is known about the woman at the head of the family-run business, 30-year-old heiress and drag racer Lynsi Torres.
She is in many respects an accidental company chief, rising to the top after a number of unexpected family deaths.
The company’s founder and Lynsi’s grandfather Harry Snyder died in 1976 passing on the company to his son Rich who tragically died in a plane crash at the age of 41.
Lynsi’s beloved father Guy Snyder took on the business but died of a drug overdose when she was just 17.
Can I have fries with that? According to a book on the company Lynsi Torres was teased by schoolmates about her father's work. Last year she bought a $17.4million mansion after becoming In-N-Out president
High-life: The home in Bradbury owned by In-N-Out heiress Lynsi Torres has 7 bedrooms and 16 bathrooms
'Burger Princess': Lynsi Torres reportedly bought her home from former L.A. Dodgers player Adrian Beltre. It is one of the few stories to emerge about the mystery heiress
His mother Esther then took control until her death in 2006 , leaving Lynsi as the company’s sole heir.
With no business training or college degree she was the only person left to keep the 60-year-old chain in the family - her only training was having worked on the weekends at a branch in Redding as a teenager.
The on-going dedication to Harry Snyder's motto ‘the customer is everything’ is as central to the the firm’s success as their double-double cheeseburgers, special sauce and unadvertised secret varieties like the famed 'animal style' .
For more than eight decades Gerber baby food has featured the same child's face on all of its products, but next year it will introduce ... Full story
- Amy Senser: Ex-NFL star's sobbing wife sentenced to 41 months prison for killing man in hit-and-run
- Christopher Dorner: The terrifying ordeal of Jim and Karen Reynolds as they found killer ex-cop in their home
- Ohio teen Matthew Pierson confesses to killing 5-year-old niece with a scythe
- Woman snaps the most selfish selfie ever
- Caran Johnson accidentally live tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Prison intern Kayla Danielle Davis charged with sexual assault
- California man murdered 'while trying to sell PlayStation 4'
- Thieves steal risqué calendars, leave protest signs
- Steve Crecelius, Father of 6 married for 25 years gets shock of a lifetime: He’s a she
- Woman branded 'Half-Ton Killer' Mayra Rosales loses 600 lbs
- Teacher's note: Your kids smell
- Two skydivers killed after colliding midair and plummeting to ground in Arizona
- Reddit murder confession: User is reported to the FBI after he admits killing his sister's abusive meth-addict boyfriend
- Let’s hope this Family Guy ‘RIP Brian Griffin’ tattoo isn’t real
- Bill Evans: New York TV weatherman arrested after brawl with wife he's divorcing after 19 years of marriage
- Breast cancer survivor says New York Times pic of her breast 'not cheap
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- 'He talks about your body... while he's touching every inch of mine.' Couples counselor Sheila Loven 'sent taunting texts to female patient after having affair with the husband'
- Homeless dude charges $2000 to live like him
- Rockwell painting 'Saying Grace' sells for record
- Firefighter calendar pin-up Taylor Murphy accused in brutal beating of transsexual girlfriend Claudia Charriez
- Multimillionaire widow Christine Svenningsen ordered to give portion of $250m estate to adopted Chinese daughter she gave up after ten years
- Daytona Woman Katie Burson Dies After House Party Shooting
- Shocking before and after photos show how drug addiction takes devastating toll on faces of users
- New York residents kept awake by eerie howling from new One World Trade Centre
- Desiree Henegar: School district's female CFO 'posted explicit pictures to sex blog during work hours'
- Hamburg, N.Y., Walmart Employee Terry Earsing Fired Over anti-Muslim Facebook Post
- US Navy's controversial Zumwalt destroyer to hit the water for first time
- Cornell University editor Louise Silberling Sued over tiny penis online posts
- Redneck Heaven naked body-paint waitresses force Texas town to change nudity laws
- Walmart hostage: Police shoot suspect who held toddler at knifepoint
- Topless Missouri woman Jeanne Ouelette chases alleged Peeping Tom Jeremy Bradley
- Female chemistry teacher Jennifer Lewis killed after tree falls on her tent on camping trip
- Michelle Shepherd Killed by Adrian Laroze Briskey Because Auburn Beat Alabama
- California man Jason Dunn cuts off hands with power saw after allegedly stabbing his father
- 'Wrap your legs around my head': Married Fox weatherman Geoff Fox fired after 'inappropriate' sexting chats with female photographer
- Date a sugar daddy billboard targeting college students causes outrage
- Stunned parents pull FEATHER from baby's neck from what they thought was a pimple
- Woman injured writing sexy dating profiles for Ashley Madison
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|