Shameful Secret Service agent David Chaney was 'really checking' out Palin while guarding her
One of the senior Secret Service agents who lost his job in the wake of the Colombia prostitution scandal joked about protecting Sarah Palin in a post on his Facebook page.
David Randall Chaney, a 48-year-old supervisor, wrote that he was 'really checking out' the vice-presidential candidate when he guarded her during the 2008 election campaign.
But Ms Palin yesterday hit back at the disgraced agent who was forced to retired after being suspended along with ten others involved in an argument with escorts at a hotel.
Scandal: David Randall Chaney, right, said he was 'really checking out' Sarah Palin when he guarded her during the 2008 election campaign
The other supervisor who has been forced out of the service has been identified as Greg Stokes, who was in charge of the K-9 division of the agency.
Both Stokes and Chaney have worked at the agency for around two decades, and have been involved with protecting the President.
None of the other nine suspended agents - one of whom has resigned - have been named.
Chaney, who is based in Washington, DC and lives in Ashburn, Virginia, has written about working with Ms Palin on Facebook, according to the Washington Post.
Revealed: Chaney, who is based in Washington, DC and lives in Ashburn, Virginia, is pictured being kissed by two women
Suspended: The 48-year-old supervisor (left), who retired this week, is seen on holiday beside a belly dancer
Proposal: The woman, known only as 'Dania,' is at the centre of the Secret Service prostitution scandal after claiming an agent refused to pay her $800 for sex as they had agreed
He posted numerous pictures with her in the foreground and him standing in the background wearing a suit and dark glasses.
After a friend suggested that Chaney had 'real chemistry' with the Alaska governor, he replied: 'I was really checking her out, if you know what I mean?'
Ms Palin reacted with anger when she heard about the married agent's comments.
'This agent was kind of ridiculous in posting pictures and comments about checking someone out,' she said on Fox News. 'Well check this out, bodyguard - you're fired! And I hope his wife... sends him to the dog house.'
'A lot of people will say this is boys being boys, and boys will be boys, but they shouldn't be in positions of authority. I think it's pretty embarrassing,' the 48-year-old added. 'I've had enough of these men being dogs and not being responsible.'
Palin said it was 'a symptom of government run amok'. 'It's like, who's minding the store around here?' she told Fox News.
'The president, for one, he better be wary, there, of when Secret Service is accompanying his family on vacation. They may be checking out the first lady instead of guarding her.'
'Checking her out': Sarah Palin was guarded by Chaney, left, who is pictured with his wife Kelly in a Facebook album
Summit: The scandal occurred while the Secret Service was preparing for President Barack Obama's trip to a conference of world leaders
Chaney, whose father was also a Secret Service agent, joined the agency in 1987 and was supervisor of the department which supports the force's work internationally.
It is not known what role he played in the incident which saw the police called to a Colombian hotel to resolve an argument between a prostitute and an agent who she claimed owed her money.
The scandal, which occurred while the Secret Service was preparing for President Obama's trip to a conference of world leaders, has proved embarrassing to the agency.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said he would 'clean house' by removing agents more concerned with 'their personal play time' than protecting the President.
- Gov. Nathan Deal Signs Georgia Congressional Map
- Disgraced politican Anthony Weiner running for NYC mayor
- Boy aged FOUR is elected mayor of Minnesota town after his name was picked out a hat
- Obama fires acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller in bid to quell growing anger over Tea Party targeting
- Obama blames drugs for part of US-Mexico problems
- Paul Ryan's black ex-girlfriend becomes a campaign issue
- 'I will f***ing destroy you': NY Mayor unleashes expletive-ridden threat against taxi tycoon
- Florida gov bans students from wearing saggy pants
- Jill Kelley revealed as woman who complained to FBI about Paula Broadwell in David Petraeus scandal
- White House Bans Paparazzi Images of Sasha and Malia Obama on Hawaiian Beach
- Mock Hearing on aliens by former members of Congress
- Gay Couple Kicked Out of Santorum Rally
- Outrage over billboard comparing Obama to Dark Knight shooter
- Revealed: FBI agent Shirtless, the man who emailed topless pictures of himself to socialite Jill Kelley and brought down a general
- Tennessee politician Barry West posts photo of man taking aim with a double-barreled shotgun with outrageous caption
- Mark Sanford fiancée: Disgraced former governor publicly debuts his mistress-turned-fiancée
- Gabriel Gomez: Ex-Navy SEAL runs for Mass. Senate seat
- Anti-Obama billboard in Colorado, blasted by GOP and Democrats, taken down amid death threats
- States Mitt must steal from Obama to win the election
- George W. Bush raises more than $500 million for library
- Sarah Palin’s Nerd Prom Tweet Mocks White House Correspondent's dinner
- Metallica specifically asked the U.S. military to stop using their music as a form of torture in Iraq
- Fury as female politician Debbie Riddle says she WON'T support breastfeeding bill because 'women need to be modest'
- Republican Congressman defends radical Islam probe as hearings begin
- Shameful Secret Service agent David Chaney was 'really checking' out Palin while guarding her
- Donald Trump's 'gigantic' announcement: Tycoon offers $5m to charity if Obama releases college records
- Media Chaos as ABC loses power in studio and Karl Roves tries to reverse Fox's decision to call election
- Ed Koch dead: Former New York City mayor dies aged 88
- Obama CNN Joke & One-Liners: 2013 White House Correspondents’ Dinner (VIDEO)
- Baracula: Barack Obama as you've never seen him before - as a vampire
- Obama Calls Californian Kamala Harris 'Best Looking' Attorney General
- Rep. Steve Cohen tweets that Cyndi Lauper is 'hot,' then deletes message
- NPR Funding Targeted: House Votes To Defund National Public Radio
- Former Ga. Representative Ed Jenkins Dies
- Two hookers claim New Jersey senator Bob Menendez paid them for sex at exclusive Dominican Republic resort
- 'All white folks are going to hell': Cry of Reverend Joseph Lowery at rally for Obama
- President Barack Obama re-elected for four more years
- Female Iraq War vet Tulsi Gabbard becomes first Hindu elected to Congress
- Gennifer Flowers Says President Clinton Hit on Her in 2005
- 'Go to hell Barack': Row over Washington Metro ad 3
- Bill O'Reilly goes ballistic on Alan Colmes 3
- Former Ga. Representative Ed Jenkins Dies 2
- Chuck "Looney" Norris Offers Dire Warning For America 2
- Donald Trump's 'gigantic' announcement: Tycoon offers $5m to charity if Obama releases college records 2
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|