Cocoa man Marcus Antonio Royal indictment in murder of elderly woman
The Brevard County Grand Jury has indicted a Cocoa man in the murder of an 80-year-old widow.
Marcus Antonio Royal, 33, is charged with first-degree premeditated murder in the death of
Faye Jones. Police said Jones was attacked inside her home in the 1300 block of N. Fiske Boulevard on March 17 and died from blunt force trauma.
The grand jury included in the indictment a charge of attempted first-degree premeditated murder for the near fatal attack of 55-year old Michael Fallon, of Cocoa.
Additionally, the grand jury charged Royal with two counts of robbery, and one each of kidnapping, armed burglary of a dwelling with an assault or battery, grand theft of a motor vehicle, fraudulent use of a credit card, and criminal use of personal identification information.
Assistant State Attorney Michael Hunt said Fallon was arriving at the widow's home to check on her when he was attacked.
Hunt said the jury heard from four witnesses before returning the indictment. They included the Associate Medical Examiner, a Cocoa Police detective, a Brevard County Sheriff's Office crime scene technician, and a lay witness.
Police investigators told FOX 35 that Royal committed murder less than 24 hours after being released from jai. They also said Royal took the elderly woman's purse and cell phone after he broke into her home, and then drove out of state. But he turned himself in to Virginia authorities after his image was captured at an ATM while withdrawing money from the Faye's account. Police said he racked up close to a thousand dollars of charges.
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Sophisticated meth lab found in million dollar lakeside home
- 'Our father and brothers are culprits in this tragedy': Saudi princesses who say they are kept locked in palace without food or water make contact with the outside world
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Former cop shoots dead his wife in front of their two young children
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Experts carry out DNA tests on bones thought to belong to monarchs from 1,000 years ago including King Canute
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Incredible images capture the Ethiopian Suri tribe whose girls have lip plates implanted at puberty as a sign of beauty
- Chew dirty rat! Filthy rodent stole grandmother's false teeth and hid them behind the fridge... before her pet Jack Russell caught and killed it
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- The Queen photograph by David Bailey marks her 88th birthday
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Six-month pregnant journalist taken to hospital for treatment after pro-Kremlin political leader ordered his aides to 'violently rape her' during press conference when she asked about sanctions against Ukraine
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- Man, 24, pays the $974 remainder of his student loans in 500 POUNDS of pennies
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Some South Carolina schools see drop in annual assessment
- Bo Jackson returns to Auburn for annual Bo Bikes Bama charity bicycle ride
- Officials: Airport worker won't be punished after run-in with manager
- Feds 'working with' Georgia even as plans drop out of exchange
- Flood warning for north Georgia
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
- Arion1 Velocipede capsule is a BICYCLE and could be the fastest in history
- Hobie Alter honored with traditional Hawaiian paddle-out
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|