PwC auditor quits job with ranting email filled with hashtags
- Letter criticizes colleagues for working late to impress partners and ends with list of reasons why Beyonce is better than Britney
- Accounting graduate from Texas says she has no regrets about resignation from PriceWaterhouseCoopers
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 19 November 2013 | UPDATED: 10:12 EST, 19 November 2013
A young auditor from Texas sent her entire team an 'I quit' email full of hashtags that accused her coworkers of being fake.
In a long email sent on Monday last week, Glory told her PricewaterhouseCoopers colleagues auditing is 'for people who truly don't have any other options'.
The message, titled Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY! singled out individual employees for criticism and ended with a rant about how Beyonce trumps Britney Spears.
Scroll down for video
'I quit': Auditor Glory resigned from her job in a ranting email that quickly went viral
At first her resignation sounded regular, with Glory writing: 'After careful consideration I will be ending my employment with PwC,' according to Gawker.
But as the letter, and quantity of hashtags continued, the auditor criticized her colleagues for faking an interest in a job that involves 'filling out useless workpapers that won't really benefit anybody'.
'After asking dozens upon dozens of auditors what they think of their jobs and getting responses that include "I love my job!" or "I wouldn't trade it for the world," I realized just how fake auditors can be,' Glory wrote.
In the letter that she wrote from her bed, she went on to offer some pointers to her colleagues, including 'get a real career that has meaning', and calling for an end to coach and partner meetings that she described, in a series of hashtags as: '#thatishissoawkward #icantdeal #soforced #fakeconvosforfakeauditors #noidontwanttogazeintoyoureyesatatablefortwo #waytoointimateformytaste'.
A week after resigning, Glory said she had no regrets. In an interview with Noir CPA she said: 'I'm not going to sit here and worry about potential negative effects in my life.'
In her letter, the young professional who had a background in finance, including two internships, hit back at those who arrived early and stayed late when partners were in town, and treated them like royalty.
'The reality is, THEY'RE NOT! They are average Joe's like you and I, only their pockets are a little bigger,' she said.
The email then became more personal, as Glory singled out colleagues for individual criticism, berating them for going on about how stressed they are, talking about their home lives and giving Glory 'the side eye'.
The first team member, whose name was redacted from copies of the email that quickly went viral, was singled out for 'constantly trying to throw me under the bus'.
'Everyday we suffer from hearing this ish as well as listening to your countless stories about your girlfriend,' Glory wrote.
'You're such a gossiper that sometimes I think you're more feminine then you appear. Who does that? You're a grown man, get your life!'
For good measure she threw in a handful of hashtags for the male employee, including: '#yourlifesucksandyouclearlyknowit' and '#someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone'.]
Daily grind: The day-to-day reality of being an auditor sparked a spectacular resignation email from one employee
Another coworker was berated for giving her the 'side eye', with Glory writing to her: 'I think those eyeballs need some readjusting. Girl, stop!'
With the last colleague to come in for criticism, Glory wrote: 'Where do I start? You hate yourself and your job, let's be honest.'
She added: 'Your cat doesn't care about you so stop caring about it. Stories about your nasty cat are unbearable.'
The rant ended with a list of ten reasons why Beyonce is a better performer than Britney Spears, before signing off with: 'Beyonce wins and now that I'm I'm out of here, I win too!!! #doingtheharlemshakeasitype'.
Since writing the letter, Glory said she has had some positive responses from people thanking her for 'giving them a voice'.
But the email also attracted negative and, in some cases, racist responses as commentators accused Glory of being a 'diversity hire'.
'I was definitely very shocked by how many racist people there still are,' she said, adding that claims she had been a 'diversity hire' were absurd.
The accounting graduate doesn't believe the letter will affect future employment, and said: 'I sent the email and didn't look back.'
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Southern Charm finale introduces Thomas Ravenel and Kathryn Dennis' baby girl
- Parents of school employee who reported coworkers were stealing to buy meth seek FBI probe over his 'suicide'
- Teacher Saralyn Gayle Portwood arrested for inappropriate relationship with student
- 'They had robbed my family': Widow's anguish as three teens indicted for killing married father of two on son's birthday after he willingly gave the muggers his wallet
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Tobias A. Bowen caught in Britain
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Oprah Winfrey's bitter stepmother Barbara in explosive first-ever interview
- A gentleman is always on time and makes love on his elbows... but doesn't tweet or own a cat: Country Life reveal the ten dos and don'ts of the 'Gentlemanly Commandments'
- Henry County teen wont give up fight to cure cancer
- Grand jury rules shooting not authorized
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- She really WAS pregnant! Southern Charm's disgraced South Carolina politician and much younger girlfriend DID have a baby despite show's pregnancy scare false alarm
- Mother fighting to get baby back from son of former mayor of Oklahoma City claims she was deceived into giving him up for adoption
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Governor to sign controversial gun bill into law
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- South Korean plastic surgery so good people need CERTIFICATES to prove who they are
- Paige Laurie divorce get ugly as she sues Bo Dubbert for stealing from her
- 'Sizzurp' cough syrup used by Justin Bieber and Lil' Wayne has been pulled off the market amid manufacturer fears it's being abused as a drug
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Duke and Duchess learn to DJ: William and Kate hit the decks in Adelaide as they visit suburb named after the Queen
- Henry Co. teenager working on cancer cure
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Gorgeous George... The baby fashion icon: How Prince's outfits have sparked a rush to the shops from ambitious parents
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Accused murderer wants 'murder' neck tattoo removed before his trial
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Adam Pearson hopes to beat prejudice after Under The Skin
- Nolana Griffin sentenced to 25 years 'for having sex with 4 students ages 15 to 17'
- Former Gwinnett Co. commissioner Shirley Lasseter to be sentenced
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Sean Studler, 17, dragged by train and killed 'was wearing headphones'
- Man back in jail on rape charges after previous peeping tom arrest
- Gwinnett County commissioner Shirley Lasseter resigns, pleads guilty to bribery charge
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Midtown neighbors meet with community leaders about crime
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Time Magazine says Columbus residents are "terrified", Mayor Tomlinson responds
- Ala. drivers license department to close for a few days
- Sheriff: Murder investigation underway in Seale, Ala.
- Same-sex couples file lawsuit over marriage equality
- Time Magazine says Columbus residents are "terrified", Mayor Tomlinson responds
- Al Gore's youngest daughter Sarah, 35, gets remarried under an old pine tree in casual outdoor service in California
- Dr. Zyad Younan refuses to pay $135k strip club bill because he claims he was 'drugged'
- Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|