PwC auditor quits job with ranting email filled with hashtags
- Letter criticizes colleagues for working late to impress partners and ends with list of reasons why Beyonce is better than Britney
- Accounting graduate from Texas says she has no regrets about resignation from PriceWaterhouseCoopers
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 09:49 EST, 19 November 2013 | UPDATED: 10:12 EST, 19 November 2013
A young auditor from Texas sent her entire team an 'I quit' email full of hashtags that accused her coworkers of being fake.
In a long email sent on Monday last week, Glory told her PricewaterhouseCoopers colleagues auditing is 'for people who truly don't have any other options'.
The message, titled Farewell and QUEEN BEY ALL DAY! singled out individual employees for criticism and ended with a rant about how Beyonce trumps Britney Spears.
Scroll down for video
'I quit': Auditor Glory resigned from her job in a ranting email that quickly went viral
At first her resignation sounded regular, with Glory writing: 'After careful consideration I will be ending my employment with PwC,' according to Gawker.
But as the letter, and quantity of hashtags continued, the auditor criticized her colleagues for faking an interest in a job that involves 'filling out useless workpapers that won't really benefit anybody'.
'After asking dozens upon dozens of auditors what they think of their jobs and getting responses that include "I love my job!" or "I wouldn't trade it for the world," I realized just how fake auditors can be,' Glory wrote.
In the letter that she wrote from her bed, she went on to offer some pointers to her colleagues, including 'get a real career that has meaning', and calling for an end to coach and partner meetings that she described, in a series of hashtags as: '#thatishissoawkward #icantdeal #soforced #fakeconvosforfakeauditors #noidontwanttogazeintoyoureyesatatablefortwo #waytoointimateformytaste'.
A week after resigning, Glory said she had no regrets. In an interview with Noir CPA she said: 'I'm not going to sit here and worry about potential negative effects in my life.'
In her letter, the young professional who had a background in finance, including two internships, hit back at those who arrived early and stayed late when partners were in town, and treated them like royalty.
'The reality is, THEY'RE NOT! They are average Joe's like you and I, only their pockets are a little bigger,' she said.
The email then became more personal, as Glory singled out colleagues for individual criticism, berating them for going on about how stressed they are, talking about their home lives and giving Glory 'the side eye'.
The first team member, whose name was redacted from copies of the email that quickly went viral, was singled out for 'constantly trying to throw me under the bus'.
'Everyday we suffer from hearing this ish as well as listening to your countless stories about your girlfriend,' Glory wrote.
'You're such a gossiper that sometimes I think you're more feminine then you appear. Who does that? You're a grown man, get your life!'
For good measure she threw in a handful of hashtags for the male employee, including: '#yourlifesucksandyouclearlyknowit' and '#someoneneedstheirvagwaxed #ohwaityoudonthaveone'.]
Daily grind: The day-to-day reality of being an auditor sparked a spectacular resignation email from one employee
Another coworker was berated for giving her the 'side eye', with Glory writing to her: 'I think those eyeballs need some readjusting. Girl, stop!'
With the last colleague to come in for criticism, Glory wrote: 'Where do I start? You hate yourself and your job, let's be honest.'
She added: 'Your cat doesn't care about you so stop caring about it. Stories about your nasty cat are unbearable.'
The rant ended with a list of ten reasons why Beyonce is a better performer than Britney Spears, before signing off with: 'Beyonce wins and now that I'm I'm out of here, I win too!!! #doingtheharlemshakeasitype'.
Since writing the letter, Glory said she has had some positive responses from people thanking her for 'giving them a voice'.
But the email also attracted negative and, in some cases, racist responses as commentators accused Glory of being a 'diversity hire'.
'I was definitely very shocked by how many racist people there still are,' she said, adding that claims she had been a 'diversity hire' were absurd.
The accounting graduate doesn't believe the letter will affect future employment, and said: 'I sent the email and didn't look back.'
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Where are the parents? Toddler seen 'smoking marijuana' as 'adults are heard heard laughing' in SHOCKING video
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- Pedestrian in serious condition after Cobb Parkway accident
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Burned body of missing DeKalb County man recovered
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Alleged threat prompts more police at Auburn
- Douglas Co. High evacuated due to pepper spray
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Wig-wearing woman who hurled shoe at Hillary Clinton's head released from jail after she was given a misdemeanor disorderly conduct summons
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Backlash over Liz's bikinis for kids: Actress bombarded with criticism on Twitter over skimpy designs for the under-eights
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- Fire kills a man and sends a woman to the hospital
- That's one way to beat the bear claw! Missing toddler found INSIDE arcade machine after squeezing through gap to claim his toy
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Body at San Francisco General Hospital may be missing woman Lynne Spalding
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Microsoft honors the placid landscape that is the Windows XP default computer background as it says goodbye to XP support after 13 years
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|