Man accused of beating his high school sweetheart wife to death on Christmas Day
- Cops say Christopher Saenz, 30, beat wife Hillary Saenz, 29, to death on Christmas Day in their Ellsworth, Maine home
- The pair married as teenagers and have two children together
- A long-time neighbor believes drugs may have been a factor
By Ryan Gorman and Associated Press Reporter
PUBLISHED: 20:35 EST, 29 December 2013 | UPDATED: 21:03 EST, 29 December 2013
A Maine man stands accused of beating his high school sweetheart wife to death on Christmas Day.
Hilary Saenz, 29, was found dead by paramedics after husband Christopher Saenz, 30, called them to their home Christmas Day. He was arrested after the cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma.
The couple married in their teens and have two children together, according to reports. One neighbor told a local television station the violent man has a drug problem that likely led to the woman’s murder.
Happier times: Hilary and Chris Saenz flash smiles in a recent picture
A family shattered: Ms Saenz is dead, her husband sits in jail and their two children are with relatives
Paramedics arrived Wednesday afternoon to the couple’s Ellsworth apartment to find the young mother dead.
A subsequent autopsy found that Ms Saenz died from blunt force trauma, the paper said.
Mr Saenz was arrested and charged with murder, his children taken to relatives.
A long-time friend and neighbour of the couple told WLBZ of the man’s issues.
‘He struggled with, I guess, drugs his whole life,’ Chris Card told the station. ‘She never did anything like that – she didn’t drink, she didn’t smoke – and he took advantage of that.
‘She just kept taking him back.’
House of horrors: Ms Saenz was beaten to death in her home by her husband on Christmas Day, police say
Mr Card described Ms Saenz as ‘a super mom… who always had a smile.’
The devoted woman worked two jobs to support her family, Mr Card said. It is not clear if the children witnessed the brutal attack.
‘I spoke to quite a few people, and the people who know him know what happened,’ he added, ‘ we all know what happened.’
Mr Saenz is due in court sometime this week.
Christmas will never be the same for the couple’s 12-year-old daughter and eight-year-old son.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Wig-wearing woman who hurled shoe at Hillary Clinton's head released from jail after she was given a misdemeanor disorderly conduct summons
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Pedestrian in serious condition after Cobb Parkway accident
- That's one way to beat the bear claw! Missing toddler found INSIDE arcade machine after squeezing through gap to claim his toy
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Burned body of missing DeKalb County man recovered
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Fire kills a man and sends a woman to the hospital
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Alleged threat prompts more police at Auburn
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Body at San Francisco General Hospital may be missing woman Lynne Spalding
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- Mailman discovers man and woman dead together in Brooklyn bathtub, an empty bottle of vodka at hand
- Support for a republic slips to lowest level due to popularity of royals
- Southwest High School Plans to Raise Graduation Rate
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|