Utah mother Kyler Ann Ramsdell-Oliva 'killed daughters in tragic murder-suicide'
Authorities believe a Utah mother shot and killed her two young daughters before turning the gun on herself in a tragic murder-suicide Tuesday evening in Syracuse, Utah.
The untimely deaths of 32-year-old Kyler Ann Ramsdell-Oliva and her daughters Kenadee Oliva, 13, and Isabella Oliva, 7, come just one day after police supervised the mother's ex-boyfriend and former fiance moving out of the house.
When police responded to 911 calls at the address around 7pm, they found the ex-boyfriend outside having shown up to gather up a few things he left at the home.
Suburban suicide: The shooting happened around 7pm at this address in Syracuse, Utah
Neighbor Joe Peterson came home just as police were showing up and told the Standard-Examiner that the ex-boyfriend looked distraught. He kept asking 'Why [did she] do that?'
Mr Peterson's wife Karlene called police to report the gunshots.
But after interviewing Ramsdell-Oliva's former fiance, witnesses and other family members, Syracuse Police ruled out the ex-boyfriend from any involvement in the deaths.
Other than to supervise the move-out on Monday, police say they were never called to the residence before.
Too young: Ramsdell-Oliva's 13-year-old daughter Kenadee (pictured) was one of the victims. Police say all three women suffered from gun shot wounds but an official cause of death is pending an autopsy
However, neighbors told the Standard-Examiner that there were 'frequent' domestic issues at the address.
They reported that Ramsdell-Oliva, her boyfriend and the girls had moved into the home within the last three months.
An official cause of death is pending an autopsy but police said that all three females suffered from gun shot wounds.
Police worked through the night on Tuesday investigating the crime scene and were wrapping things up Wednesday morning about 8am.
Davis School District spokesman Christopher Williams said grief counselors were summoned to Syracuse Junior High and Junior Elementary where the two girls had registered for school on January 6. The eldest was an eighth-grader and the younger was a first-grade
Happier times: Ramsdell-Oliva posted this picture of her daughter Kenadee driving a go-kart on her Facebook
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
- Where are the parents? Toddler seen 'smoking marijuana' as 'adults are heard heard laughing' in SHOCKING video
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab at Mall at West End
- DeKalb high school basketball player Terrell Coleman dies
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Richmond County school board addresses handwriting skills
- Michigan mother Chelsea Traxler and her unborn child killed in car accident
- VIDEO: Hilsman Middle is 'Happy'
- Hadley Boberg, 20, froze to death after she and a friend lost keys to their Jeep while hiking in Utah woods in frigid weather
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
- Position you sleep in with partner reveals strength of relationship
- Pedestrian in serious condition after Cobb Parkway accident
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Goatnapped: Did someone steal baby Lidya?
- Burned body of missing DeKalb County man recovered
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Alleged threat prompts more police at Auburn
- Douglas Co. High evacuated due to pepper spray
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- City inspects pipelines after sinkholes occur
- Uber driver robbed on Huff Rd.
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Wig-wearing woman who hurled shoe at Hillary Clinton's head released from jail after she was given a misdemeanor disorderly conduct summons
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Backlash over Liz's bikinis for kids: Actress bombarded with criticism on Twitter over skimpy designs for the under-eights
- US Airways social media manager speaks out about 'worst tweet of all time'
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Lioness survives being gored horrifically by a buffalo
- Strong winds cause trees to fall on roadways; home
- Fire kills a man and sends a woman to the hospital
- That's one way to beat the bear claw! Missing toddler found INSIDE arcade machine after squeezing through gap to claim his toy
- Student dies after being hit by 2 taxis jaywalking across busy Manhattan street
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
- Georgia officials scheduled to set tuition rates
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Gregory Favors Identified as State Trooper Shooting Suspect
- Stunned boyfriend of Utah 'baby-killing' mom says he had 'no idea' about six murdered newborns
- Body at San Francisco General Hospital may be missing woman Lynne Spalding
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Microsoft honors the placid landscape that is the Windows XP default computer background as it says goodbye to XP support after 13 years
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|