Burton man fatally shot
The investigation into the fatal shooting in Burton on Sunday night continues.
It happened just before 5:30 p.m. Sunday yesterday, Beaufort County sheriff's deputies responded to Staffwood Lane on a report of a possible gunshot victim.
Darryl McArthur Greene, 40, was lying beside a vehicle with its engine running along the road, according to the BCSO. He had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators learned that Greene, who was previously from the Burton area, had been living in Stone Mountain, Ga., and was in town visiting relatives for the weekend. Greene had been talking with a group of people who were gathered in a common area on Staffwood Lane when the shooting occurred, according to the BCSO.
Investigators made contact with a female who was with Greene when he was killed, according to the sheriff's office. Few details are known about what led up to the shooting. A motive remains undetermined.
Anyone with information can contact either Investigator Cpl. A. Rice at 843.255.3429 or CrimeStoppers at 1.888.CRIME.SC (274-6372) or text the word TIPSC with a message to CRIMES (274637).
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Ukraine crisis breakthrough as Sergey Lavrov says diplomats agree to protect people's rights
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- Sophisticated meth lab found in million dollar lakeside home
- 'Our father and brothers are culprits in this tragedy': Saudi princesses who say they are kept locked in palace without food or water make contact with the outside world
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Former cop shoots dead his wife in front of their two young children
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Experts carry out DNA tests on bones thought to belong to monarchs from 1,000 years ago including King Canute
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Verdicts handed down in Jonesboro day care death
- Incredible images capture the Ethiopian Suri tribe whose girls have lip plates implanted at puberty as a sign of beauty
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- Magistrate: Drunken driver Tommie Robinson Jr wrecked going over 100 mph, killing passenger
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Police investigate homicide in SW Atlanta
- Chew dirty rat! Filthy rodent stole grandmother's false teeth and hid them behind the fridge... before her pet Jack Russell caught and killed it
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Bandits break into Inman Park maintenance shop
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- Family appreciates 'Prayers for Lily'
- Police say Augusta man is person of interest in car break-ins
- The Queen photograph by David Bailey marks her 88th birthday
- Six-month pregnant journalist taken to hospital for treatment after pro-Kremlin political leader ordered his aides to 'violently rape her' during press conference when she asked about sanctions against Ukraine
- Justice Dept. appealing morning-after pill decision
- Medicaid caution warranted, lawmakers said
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Cops: Wife Kia Jeffries kills former pro boxer Earnest Abdul-Mateen in self-defense
- Florida Man Steven Cozzie Held In Slaying of Georgia Teen Courtney Wilkes in Florida
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Police seek help identifying people cashing forged checks
- Flood warning for north Georgia
- Some South Carolina schools see drop in annual assessment
- Former Fortune 500 exec Robert Dellinger charged with murder
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Hobie Alter honored with traditional Hawaiian paddle-out
- Man, 24, pays the $974 remainder of his student loans in 500 POUNDS of pennies
- Train commuters run, jump and swing on pole in ‘worst rush hour service ever’
- Tax-free weekend coming up soon for Alabama & Georgia
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Arion1 Velocipede capsule is a BICYCLE and could be the fastest in history
- Bo Jackson returns to Auburn for annual Bo Bikes Bama charity bicycle ride
- Georgia Grandparents Arrested for leaving Grandson at a Walmart
- Property tax appeal hearings suspended indefinitely
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|