Investigation continues into cause of Dean Forest Road crash
Savannah-Chatham Metro Police Dept.'s Major Accident Investigation Team is continues to investigate a three-vehicle wreck that sent eight people to the hospital.
It happened at about 11:15 a.m. Tuesday. Three drivers and five children were hospitalized.
Police said Richard Earl Bennett, 53, was driving a green Saturn sedan and was leaving the parking lot of Dean Forest Village Shopping Plaza in the 11500 block of Dean Forest Road. He pulled into the path of a white Dodge Sprinter van being driven northbound by 62-year-old James Henry Scriven.
The two vehicles collided, spinning the van counter clockwise and causing it to overturn onto the minivan being driven southbound on Dean Forest Road.
Bennett and Krisle Ruiz, 32, of Garden City, were taken to Memorial University Medical Center with serious injuries. Bennett is in critical condition. Ruiz has been upgraded from serious to fair condition. Scriven was stable at Candler Hospital.
Five children who were passengers in a gold Dodge Caravan driven by Ruiz were transported to Memorial for treatment of minor cuts and bruises.
Bennett had to be extricated from the Saturn by firefighters from Savannah and Pooler.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.
A Gwinnett County Sheriff's deputy who was arrested by his own agency for having a sexual encounter with an inmate committed the act in front ... Full story
- Disgraced mayor Bill Campbell resurfaces in city
- Police Arrest Kevin Stallworth, Antiwan Lane in Fatal Dunwoody Shooting
- Hearing Held For Officer Anwar Bradley Fired After Controversial Traffic Stop
- Columbus, Ga. man Zyderrious Platt convicted in wife's death
- Police: Clayton County teen V'ondra Olivaria accidentally shot to death
- DeKalb man James Lally in jail for allegedly selling sketchy Braves tickets
- Scorned husband Phillip Dunn sentenced to life in wife's slaying
- Brunswick Man, Wife Accused In Bank Robbery
- Police: Man Nathan Lee Claus arrested at Ga mall went to meet girl
- Family Offers $10K Reward in Businessman, Russell Sneiderman's Killing
- Spa landlord Mark Allen Storch arrested over hidden cameras
- Hall County Deputies Fatally Shoot Murder Suspect John Pearce
- FBI searching for missing Ga. businessman Aubrey "Lee" Price accused of swindling millions
- Ex-police officer Michael Bernard Wilson found guilty of molesting girl
- Georgia man Antiwan Lane convicted in failed murder-for-hire plot
- Home Invasion leaves woman Stacy West dead, husband hurt in Henry County
- Atlanta lawyer Antonio Tolliver gets 25 years in prison for vehicular homicide
- Valdosta State student Jasmine Benjamin's death treated as homicide
- Police: Atlanta Woman Julian Jones Not Intended Target In Drive-By
- Teens Devon Johnson, Mishaline McDade Accused In Car Theft With Toddler Inside
- Douglas County teen Krysten Rowe survives flesh-eating bacteria
- Megachurch pastor Wiley Jackson, brother indicted for alleged business scheme
- Shooting Suspect Jesse Warren Claims Penske Stole From Him
- DragonCon co-founder Ed Kramer files hundreds of complaints from jail
- Hunt for Adolph 'Sonny' Neal, 47, who 'murdered wife and her grandfather in horrific crime of passion'
- Police: Ga. Officer Larry Leon Moore, Charged With Assault
- Police: Atlanta woman Camease Miller shot, killed during home invasion
- Atlanta Homeowner Warren Borders Fights $45K Water Bill
- Marietta Teen James Glover to be Tried as Adult in beating of a 94-year-old man
- Forsyth Man Jason Samuel McGhee sentenced in farmhouse killings
- Teacher Ashley Payne fired for posting picture of herself holding beer on Facebook
- Atlanta Weather School Closings and Delays 1/12
- Pregnant Store Clerk Kejuan Hall 's Death Ruled Double Homicide
- Atlanta-area Peace Corps volunteer Danielle Dunlap dies from illness in Ghana
- Georgia man Raymond Wilson sentenced to life for molesting children
- 2 arrested in meth lab bust in Lamar County
- Former DeKalb principal Agnes Flanagan arraigned in cheating scandal
- Two teens critical after plummeting 400ft down sheer granite rockface at Stone Mountain Park
- 2 former bus drivers Edna Wright, Sherrod Wright accused of running ID theft ring
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|