EOA launches energy assistance program
The Economic Opportunity Authority for Savannah-Chatham County will begin its energy assistance heating program Monday.
Starting Nov. 4 at 9 a.m, applications will be taken by walk-in only on eligible homebound and those 65 years of age and older, on a first-come, first-serve basis at the EOA building at 618 W. Anderson St. The hours of application intake after the Nov. 4 program launch will be from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The program will run until the money runs out, according to EOA.
Information required for the application:
- Written proof of the total household income for the last 30 days.
- Social Security numbers cards for all household members.
- The most recent heating bill.
- Proof of age (required for the elderly 65 years and over).
- Authorization statement if someone else is applying for the applicant.
- The name of the person authorized to apply for the applicant must be included in the note, along with the signature of the applicant.
The Energy Assistance Program is a federally-funded program that assists low-income households with their heating bill.
For additional information, call 1.877.423.4746.
Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.
- Heartbreaking farewell video Maddie Yates, 16, posted to YouTube before suicide
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- School board addresses cursive writing concerns
- Duchess of Cambridge keeps her cool in white dress by Australian designer for visit to Sydney's Royal Easter Show with William
- Dammion Heard's parents dispute findings that their star wrestler son, 20, killed himself as it's revealed the college student got into a fight the night he went missing
- One dead in Lilburn motorcycle accident
- Witness: Goose on the loose with arrow through head
- Judge John McBain lashes out at convicted killer Camia Gamet after she snickers and asks 'is that it?' as victim's aunt recounts murder
- Family of Dawsonville child makes plea for kidney match
- Baby gorilla dies unexpectedly at Milwaukee zoo just one month after birth
- Police: Locker-room thief spent $4,000 on stolen credit cards
- Albino kangaroo gives birth to dark joey at German zoo
- 'Hostage scammers' steal hundreds from Atlanta residents
- Move over selfies... it's time for the dronie: New trend for capturing you and your pals in wide angle aerial shots from a remote controlled camera
- Mayor Reed speaks out against Water Management raises
- North Carolina girl, 3, loses part of both legs in lawn mower accident
- Atlanta Watershed Dept. under review after "hefty raises"
- DeKalb crews working on water main break
- Prank Justin Beiber protest draws attention in Buckhead
- National Geographic reveals 50 tours of a lifetime (and Scotland is the only entry for UK)
- Seattle sewage plant offers FLUSHING brides a $2,000 weddings deal
- More than $1M in fake soccer gear seized in Ga.
- Bodies of teen girl on Spring break and her 33-year-old aunt pulled from Lake Erie after they went missing with two men on fishing trip
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- College Board gives a sneak peak at redesigned SAT
- Inmate Amy Hightower Re-Arrested After Escaping Hospital
- DeKalb mom Meriel Bemis charged in toddler's death
- Principal Kelvin Griffin resigns after allegations of affair with teacher, drugs on campus
- Twitter buzz doesnt make us watch tv shows
- Police arrest Woodstock man Anthony Couse for making car bomb sign
- Offers pouring in for Turner Field property
- Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster? Satellite image on Apple's Maps software may finally have solved the mystery of Nessie
- Salt intake falls 15%... and heart deaths fall 40% (but we still eat too much of it)
- Kristine Kirk, 44, is shot dead 'in front of kids by husband Richard Kirk who was hallucinating after eating a marijuana cookie' - and she had already been on phone to 911 for 13 MINUTES
- Elementary school principal John McGill busted in child sex sting
- Father, daughter arrested after 6-year-old found living in filth
- Georgia Tech student Saamar Akhshabi dies from injuries after setting himself on fire last month
- Man acquitted of 2011 Carousel Lounge shooting
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Lowe's Home Improvement Store to bring 600 jobs to northwest Georgia
- Aspiring model Chelsea Gerrish, 20, killed in horrific road rage crash after being rammed head-on by father-of-three
- Columbus Animal Control loses family dog, later finds him dead in nearby creek
- Video shows dog barking at a video of itself barking at video of itself barking
- High school vice principal rescued from South Korean ferry found hanging from tree in front of victims' families after his students die
- Hawkinsville Man Birago Blackshear Accused of Killing Ex-Girlfriend Ashton Bartlett
- Ga. governor strikes cautious note on solar energy
- Outrage over Georgia deputy sheriff Chad Palmer who dressed in blackface as an inmate 'picking cotton' for Halloween party
- Two teens and man who stopped to help them killed in Miami car crash
- Region that shaped Tsarnaev more volatile
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|