Nursing home inviting in prostitutes for residents is under investigation
PROSTITUTES have been invited to a care home to have sex with disabled residents — sparking an investigation by the council.
Hookers regularly go for “special visits” at Chaseley nursing home in Eastbourne, Sussex.
They meet residents in a special room and a red sock is put on the door handle so staff know not to disturb them.
Bosses say many physically and mentally disabled people have no other sexual outlet - and become so frustrated they often resort to GROPING staff.
Care workers say the “sex surrogates” are “therapeutic” and experts claim they are a ”basic human right”.
But East Sussex County Council has launched an urgent investigation into possible “exploitation and abuse” of vulnerable people.
Sue Wyatt, Chaseley’s manager, has confirmed prostitutes are welcomed at the home and said they are ordered by a "third party consultant".
Mrs Wyatt said: “People have needs, so sometimes we might need to set up a room in a certain way. We are there to help.
“We use a private consultant who arranges everything. They are an independent person who works in the home. She puts people in touch with people.
“We respect our residents as individuals so that’s why we help this to happen.”
The practice at the home was revealed by its former manager Helena Barrow.
She said: “The fact is sex workers are allowed by law to sexually enable people but care workers are not.
“So, if someone asked, we would often call in a professional, someone trained to do that. It’s known as the resident’s ‘special visit’.
“If you have a resident who is groping staff, one way of resolving that problem is to get a sex worker in who is trained to deal with that situation.
“But most of the time, these are people who feel frustrated by a primeval need they cannot fulfil.
“So we would help them with the phone, dial the number, or use the computer to contact someone who could help.
“If we refused, we would not be delivering a holistic level of care.”
Mrs Barrow, who now manages another care home in St Leonards, Sussex, insisted residents always paid for the call girls themselves.
Staff would then put a “special red sock” on the door handle to make sure the couple were not disturbed before checking on them every 15 minutes.
On one occasion, local strippers were invited into the home to perform a “special show” for residents.
Chaseley is an ex-military nursing home which now houses a mix of residents whose places are funded by private arrangements or by social services.
A spokesman for East Sussex County Council said the local authority had been unaware of Chaseley’s policy of inviting prostitutes on site and “did not welcome” the idea.
He said: “We will examine our concerns through the Pan-Sussex Multi-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults at Risk.
“This has the potential to place vulnerable East Sussex residents at risk of exploitation and abuse.”
NUDE pictures of former French first lady Carla Bruni were used to break in to the computer systems of dozens of diplomats, it emerged today. ... Full story
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un has executed his uncle
- Thieves who stole radioactive material in Mexico ‘will, without a doubt, die’
- Man found in bed with girl, 11, freed on grounds of 'romantic relationship'
- The moment Kim Jong-un turned on his uncle
- Mandela interpreter suffered 'schizophrenic episode’
- Pregnant girl, 12, raped inside jail
- Pope Francis named person of the year by Time magazine
- McDonald's customer smashes drive-thru with axe after being given cold fries
- Outraged Australian women bombard Facebook with photos of their breasts
- Elian Gonzalez Is Not a Fan of America's Policy on Cuba
- WHAT'S HE SAYING? Obama interpreter accused of being fake
- Mall massacre group 'hired shop before attack'
- It's a Zonkey! Zebra and donkey's love affair results in this adorable baby
- Gunmen throw grenades at mall in Nairobi, Kenya
- China to ease one-child policy
- Death toll rises to 39 in Kenya mall attack
- Westgate mall survivor Sneha Kothari Mashru tells 'I used dead teen's blood to fool terrorists'
- Man with knife arrested at Buckingham Palace
- Female suicide bomber kills five on bus in Russia ahead of Sochi Olympics
- 'Britain's horniest student' wins year's supply of condoms
- Anna Chapman Nude Photos: Naked Pictures Of Russian Spy In 'Playboy'
- Chinese Woman Zhang Shih runs over husband's mistress, then strips to stop ambulance from going to hospital
- Topless Ukrainian protesters demonstrate at Davos forum
- Crack-smoking mayor knocks down councillor in stormy debate
- Forty-four people dead in bus fire in Andhra Pradesh in India
- The zoo where the HUMANS are kept behind bars: Tourists locked in cage for close encounter with hungry lions
- British woman post dress on eBay without realizing she was also in the picture - NAKED from the waist down
- The moment paedophile was caught in bed with boy
- Siberian teen sells her virginity for $27,950
- This is what $100m of cocaine looks like: Hong Kong customs officers claim their biggest ever single drug bust
- Rat Dogs aka Ferrets sold to gullible customers as poodles in Argentina
- Female bodybuilder left with 1 inch man part after taking steriod
- U.S Marines drink COBRA BLOOD in Thailand forest training exercise
- British club installs two-way mirror that lets you spy on girls in the toilet
- Topless reporter surprises Canadian mayor
- Free swastika tattoos aim to 'reclaim' Nazi symbol's original Buddhist meaning of peace and love
- Colombian drug lord Griselda Blanco who ran Miami cocaine empire in 70’s and 80’s, shot to death by motorcycle gunmen
- Nursing home inviting in prostitutes for residents is under investigation
- We have no idea why ladies are buying so many vibrating bike seat covers
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|