Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
A 19-year-old Tunisian woman named Amina posted a picture of herself to Facebook with "My Body is My Own and Not the Source of Anyone’s Honor" written on her bare chest in Arabic. Now she's been committed to a psychiatric ward as a Tunisian vice authority, Almi Adel, calls for her to be stoned to death for her action, which "could be contagious and give ideas to other women."
That’s exactly what Amina had in mind — she posted her picture in solidarity with feminist group Femen of the Ukraine. Twitter is now buzzing with an #Amina hashtag, and her Facebook photos have lit a fire online.
The naked truth: Amina Tyler, 19, caused outrage in her native Tunisia last week when she posted topless photos of herself on her Facebook page in a protest over women's rights
South Korea's growing obsession with plastic surgery became apparent when pictures of a group of aspiring beauty queens posted online prompted claims that cosmetic procedures ... Full story
- Fatal shark attack upon teenager in Brazil caught on camera
- Goat kicks man off mountain in Puerto Rico, US Coast Guard saves him
- Dutch TV host shocks viewers by drinking milk from woman's breasts on family show
- Mall massacre group 'hired shop before attack'
- Chinese moon rover trade fair backdrop shows Europe being 'nuked'
- Mandela tribute uses Freeman photo
- Mechanics find starved and dehydrated girl in trunk of car in Terrasso, France
- Thrill-seeking surfer Garrett McNamara catches 'world's biggest wave' off the coast of Portugal
- Downed US helicopter kills six soldiers in Afghanistan
- CCTV shows moment married father is killed with a single punch by love rival
- Woman walks off pier while checking Facebook on phone
- Fanatics guilty of murdering soldier
- Man with enormous FEET finally finds a pair of shoes that fit
- India: Woman gives birth to 10 stillborn babies in one night
- Canada man Tom Crist to give away entire $42m lottery win to charity
- 'Peru Two' Michaella Connolly and Melissa Reid get six years and eight months each for trafficking cocaine
- Stephanie Foray, French woman in Malaysia 'killed for refusing sex'
- Westgate mall survivor Sneha Kothari Mashru tells 'I used dead teen's blood to fool terrorists'
- Living animals keychain/lucky charm in China
- Captain of doomed cruise ship Costa Concordia: I 'tripped' and fell in lifeboat
- Muslim MasterCard: Compass pointing to Mecca embedded in new bank card
- Video shows Queen Elizabeth dodge ceremonial sword
- Tunisian woman Amina Tyler thrown in psych ward for topless feminist Facebook pics
- Crack-smoking mayor knocks down councillor in stormy debate
- Chinese man goes to hospital thinking he's pregnant ... but his 'baby' is a tumor
- Gunmen throw grenades at mall in Nairobi, Kenya
- Death toll rises to 39 in Kenya mall attack
- Rare South China tiger mauls zookeeper to death at Shanghai's zoo
- Chinese Woman Zhang Shih runs over husband's mistress, then strips to stop ambulance from going to hospital
- Soldiers Discover Abandoned Baby on Side of Road in Afghanistan
- Stuntman dies during world record bid to cross river on a zip-wire attached only by his HAIR
- Latin American Idol winner Martha Heredia arrested for smuggling heroin
- Chechen leader blames U.S. for Boston bomb suspects' acts of evil because of 'immoral upbringing'
- 'Terrorist' posted bomb plot on Facebook
- More than $50 million stolen from unguarded van belonging to Libya's Central Bank
- Cannibal kills old man, eats heart, tongue
- Girl who sold virginity for $780k sells it again
- Jerusalem UFO Spottings Over Islamic Landmark
- 'Tourism suicide': Dutch to ban foreigners from cannabis coffee shops
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|