Canadian John Gibson charged $10,000 for letting kids watch Netflix
A Canadian man racked up a $10,000 cellphone bill for watching too much Netflix.
Saskatchewan resident John Gibson took his family, which included his two grandchildren, on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona recently, CBC News reported.
In order to keep the little ones entertained, he brought along a laptop fitted with a wireless connection to the Internet so the kids could watch movies via the popular streaming service.
Watching Netflix using a mobile service lead to a Canadian man getting a cellphone bill for $10,000
"The kids were getting bored," his son, Jason, told CBC News. "So we decided to watch Netflix on my air-card on my laptop."
The children watched several movies, such as "Shrek," "Spider-Man" and "Curious George."
Gibson did not consider the cost, however, which skyrocketed due to the combination of constant Internet use and roaming charges.
"It was over $10,000," he said. "I went, 'Good Lord.'"
The Canadian grandfather quickly contacted his provider, SaskTel, and explained the situation to them. The company then knocked down the amount to just $1,000.
"I'll pay the thousand bucks," Gibson said. "And...lesson learned."
- Thieves who stole radioactive material in Mexico ‘will, without a doubt, die’
- British woman killed herself after accidentally sending text to husband instead of lover
- Baby giraffe 'commits suicide in zoo'
- Girl, 10, seen beating baby Yuanyuan left in elevator, 'then throws him off balcony' in China
- British teen Paid $735 for Xbox One on eBay, got sent photo of one instead
- Nelson Mandela has died, aged 95
- Spanish man 'had 846,000 violent child porn images including bestiality'
- 'Hitler' clothing store: Jewish groups in India urge owners to change shop's name
- Crack-smoking mayor knocks down councillor in stormy debate
- Westgate mall survivor Sneha Kothari Mashru tells 'I used dead teen's blood to fool terrorists'
- Town hopes no one burns down its giant Christmas goat this year
- Man with knife arrested at Buckingham Palace
- Anna Chapman Nude Photos: Naked Pictures Of Russian Spy In 'Playboy'
- Mall massacre group 'hired shop before attack'
- Gunmen throw grenades at mall in Nairobi, Kenya
- 130 cars crash in Belgium pileups
- Dutch TV host shocks viewers by drinking milk from woman's breasts on family show
- Death toll rises to 39 in Kenya mall attack
- Japanese woman arrested for calling cops 15,000 times
- 'Britain's horniest student' wins year's supply of condoms
- 2012 Carnival kicks off in Brazil
- Miley Cyrus flashes the flesh in Lil' Kim-inspired outfit
- Moment a Chinese motorist threatened his daughter with a samurai sword
- China to ease one-child policy
- Female suicide bomber kills five on bus in Russia ahead of Sochi Olympics
- Cannibal kills old man, eats heart, tongue
- Naked woman takes wheel for unlicensed boyfriend in Switzerland
- 'Free Pussy Riot' band slogan scrawled in blood above dead bodies of two women in Russia
- Free swastika tattoos aim to 'reclaim' Nazi symbol's original Buddhist meaning of peace and love
- It's a Zonkey! Zebra and donkey's love affair results in this adorable baby
- Randy couple in back of taxi almost cause accident on motorway
- Dutch 'Black Pete' Christmas custom may be racist, warns UN
- Forty-four people dead in bus fire in Andhra Pradesh in India
- New face grown on woman's breast in China
- Soccer player's wife sparks outrage in Norway after posting picture of her perfect flat stomach just FOUR DAYS after giving birth
- Video shows Queen Elizabeth dodge ceremonial sword
- We have no idea why ladies are buying so many vibrating bike seat covers
- Fatal shark attack upon teenager in Brazil caught on camera
- Terrified passengers flee smoke filled Train in London
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|