Microsoft's 'Building Windows 8' Blog, Gives Users A Peek At What's Coming
"We intend to post regularly throughout the development of Windows 8, and to focus on the engineering of the product," Sinofsky wrote. "Blogging allows us to have a two-way dialog with you about design choices, real-world data and usage, and new opportunities that are part of Windows 8."
Microsoft gave its first public demo of Windows 8 in June at the D9 Conference. Host Walt Mossberg shared his initial reaction to the OS, saying that changes to the user interface looked "pretty radical" and that the new system could be "even bigger" than Windows 95.
Windows 8 was developed with both tablets and PCs in mind. The OS will work "with or without a keyboard and mouse on a broad range of screen sizes and pixel densities, from small slates to laptops, desktops, all-in-ones, and even classroom-sized displays," according to a Microsoft press release.
Microsoft is encouraging Building Windows 8 readers to submit feedback as new details come out. PCWorld recalls that the company took a similar route during Windows 7 development by launching the Engineering Windows 7 blog.
TechRadar predicts that Windows 8 may be ready by autumn 2012. Until then, Microsoft fans can follow development updates via the Building Windows 8 blog. The @BuildWindows8 Twitter account will also post links to videos showing off the latest Windows 8 features.
TECH giant Dell has created quite a stink with some laptop buyers complaining their devices smell of cat urine. Buyers of the Latitude 6430u Ultrabook, ... Full story
- Facebook is implementing an unfollow button for Newsfeed
- How to do undo an email
- US and UK spies infiltrate Second Life, World of Warcraft and other online games, Snowden's NSA documents show
- Microsoft CEO: Windows Phone 7 'Coolest' Thing We'll Do This Year
- Color Nook eReader Unveiled By Barnes & Noble (PHOTOS)
- Microsoft working on a 'smart bra' that will help stop emotional eating binges
- China banks barred from handling bitcoins
- Do your Facebook friends secretly hate you?
- Facebook considering ‘sympathize’ option as an alternative to ‘like’
- Former Napster COO killed on bike by police patrol car
- Facebook Will Censor Pics of Your Ex in Photo Memories
- Netflix DOWN: Netflix.com Suffers Major Outage
- WATCH: HP Slate 500 Features, Price Officially Unveiled
- Video Game 'Fable III' Offers Players Gay Marriage, Adoption Options
- Digg To Layoff 37% Of Staff, Product Refocus Imminent
- Chad Hurley, YouTube Co-Founder, Steps Down As CEO
- Turkey Lifts YouTube Ban After More Than 2 Years
- Blekko Search Engine To Rely On The Human Touch
- Twitter Starts Posting Ads In Users' Streams
- T-Mobile Follows AT&T, Verizon With New Data Plan
- New two-step verification system for Twitter after hoax 'bomb' tweet
- The device that lets parents literally watch over their kids
- Millions of Facebook, Twitter and Google passwords stolen in hack
- Cable subscribers fleeing in droves
- Jester, Self-Proclaimed Hacktivist, Claims He Took Down WikiLeaks
- Nintendo warns that playing new 3DS handheld in 3-D mode may damage young children's eyes
- AT&T Offers An Update On Its New High-Speed Network
- Apple's Steve Jobs Taking Medical Leave Of Absence
- Professor's Body Rejects Head-Cam Implant
- Fake News Sites Link To Acai Berry Diet Scam, Say Feds
- Netflix Pulls Even More Movies From Streaming Service
- Skype Buys Year-Old GroupMe For $85 Million
- Dislike! Facebook unveils new, personalized newspaper-like news feed
- Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin spotted wearing Google Glasses on New York Subway
- Quarter of a million Twitter users have their personal data stolen by hackers
- Hotmail to be replaced by Outlook.com in Microsoft switch
- Adobe prank Photoshops Swedish commuters into live bus stop ad
- Google co-founder Sergey Brin, 40, splits from wife and now rumored to be dating younger employee
- Here are six of the worst passive aggressive social media offenders.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|